Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:22 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 3.0.0 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 3:59 am 
Novice
Novice

Hey guys,

I recently made a new climbing video (German with English subtitles). This was probably my biggest project until now.
Please let me know what you think and how you like it.
Thanks

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 12:10 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Nicely done. It must be tricky filming. What camera do you use and how do you safeguard it?

The split screen was just starting to annoy me when it finished. I like the way you it faded out.

I’m not sure that “tour” is the right word in English and as far as I know it’s not a climbing term. It’s really just used for conducted visits to places - tourism. I’d say the “climb”.

Finally I rather expected more of a celebration moment at the end of the video or maybe a finishing comment!

I hope this helps but really well done overall and I’m sure it’s not easy!

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 1:07 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Nicely done. It must be tricky filming. What camera do you use and how do you safeguard it?

The split screen was just starting to annoy me when it finished. I like the way you it faded out.

I’m not sure that “tour” is the right word in English and as far as I know it’s not a climbing term. It’s really just used for conducted visits to places - tourism. I’d say the “climb”.

Finally I rather expected more of a celebration moment at the end of the video or maybe a finishing comment!

I hope this helps but really well done overall and I’m sure it’s not easy!

Thanks for the extensive feedback.

I use a Canon M50 mostly with the 22mm f2.0 and the 50mm f1.8 which is often tricky filming climbing. That’s why I sometimes also combine it with the kit zoom which is not too bad either but in darker forests it doesn’t work so well.
I’m hanging in a fixed rope next or above to the climber.

I worked with the split screen the first time and probably exaggerated a little. ;)

Yep, it’s climb or route. Somehow I didn’t check the auto translation properly.

Reaction was just like the real one, but finishing comment is a very good idea. Also a great way to end the video.
That all helped a lot. Thanks again.
Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:24 am 
Novice
Novice

I really enjoyed that. Nice, straightforward, unpretentious editing, good music - thanks for posting!

Filming would have been fun too! Something I'd love to do more of. I suppose if you're after critical feedback, the only thing I could think of that would improve the film would be some more close up shots of the hand placements, gear, etc. Those kinds of nice detail shots. Very difficult to get in the flow of a climb though - not like the talent can always just hang off the rock for minutes at a time while you faff about.

I'm very much a newbie climber, mostly interested for alpinism and mountaineering rather than climbing for climbing's sake. That looked like some very polished rock! Makes me appreciate our remote dolerite that hasn't seen thousands of sweaty hands... ;-)

Cheers, Ben.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:20 am 
Novice
Novice

Thanks Ben. Appreciate your feedback. Yeah I'd love to add more detail shots in the next video.
For sure, that is one of the slickest rocks I know of ;-)