Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:09 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2.3 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:25 pm 

I’m a musician, I record in my home studio. I video what I do, and would like to turn it into a polished video over top of the music, with chunks of video moving from instrument to instrument to voice.

The problem is that I do multiple takes of each instrument, that then get blended in Logic Pro. So I’ll do three takes of bass, then select the take I like the best, then update parts of it from other takes. So, I could have 3 takes or more each of vocals, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, percussion.

I have tended to do one long video as I go through multiple takes, so each instrument could have half 15 minutes to half an hour of music in it. Trying to figure out what take is which, select and cut each section out of a video and splice it into the whole is painfully slow.

Any suggestions on how to simplify the workflow? Would you cut the takes up ahead of time somehow? Start and stop the recording with each take? I’m curious if anyone has a better way that’s not so daunting.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:36 am 

By my experience is playing the most challenging part of the job :)
But I guess you made of all (video) takes a master audio track in Logic first.
When audio track is fine, use this as base guide track .
And does it really matter if you dont put the “ right “ truly corresponing video clip above, of one of another take???
Guess nobody wil notice if you play a wrong note.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:01 am 

Quote:
By my experience is playing the most challenging part of the job :)
But I guess you made of all (video) takes a master audio track in Logic first.
When audio track is fine, use this as base guide track .
And does it really matter if you dont put the “ right “ truly corresponing video clip above, of one of another take???
Guess nobody wil notice if you play a wrong note.
You wouldn’t notice if someone’s lips were moving, and didn’t match what was being sung? Lol.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 7:09 am 

You wouldn’t notice if someone’s lips were moving, and didn’t match what was being sung? Lol.

Sure I would notice by singers, but by instrumentalist less.
And I ment same part (bars) of different tracks