Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:02 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3 is now available in the App Store

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:05 pm 
Novice
Novice

Yes, It would be nice to see your screen record of the basics of luma fx as you use it. I am mostly interested in efficient trimming and cutting of clips IN TIMELINE and applying effects with minimal button pressings and window openings (looking for speed and efficiency if I have lot of material to edit).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:11 pm 
Novice
Novice

I'm with Wayside on this one, and would like to add a few thoughts to support that.

Whenever I have several clips to "copy and paste", depending on the situation I might make an entire duplicate copy of the project, and immediately rename it "Temp" so I don't confuse it with my main project. Then, I would simply delete whatever clips I don't want to copy, and export that as a single clip to Photos so I can import it into my main project.

OTHER TIPS:
1. Even if you think you're done with the Temp project, don't delete it right away after exporting the clip to Photos. You might just discover a boo-boo, and have to go back and fix it for a second "take".
2. Keep in mind that you don't necessarily have to delete everything in the Temp project since you can always select just a portion of the exported clip when importing into your main project.
3. You can hide any unwanted video/audio tracks, and they won't be included in the exported clip. Moving unwanted elements to hidden tracks might also be in order.
4. Be careful when deleting clips as they are most likely linked with other audio/video elements which you might want to keep. I believe it may be possible to disable the automatic linking, but I'm not certain on this.

Cheers,
Tony G.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:23 am 

Hi.

I am a new buyer/user and really would like to be able to have multiple select. I wonder if this has moved up the priority list?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi mrx9

Welcome to the forum

Yep, it's right up near the top

(but not ready yet)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:11 am 

Thanks for the quick update.... I look forward it....

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:51 pm 

I am very much looking forward to this...and the lack of it is definitely keeping me from editing using LumaFusion.

Hopefully this will come along with some more support for mouse/pointers since the Magic Keyboard is out and mouse support is greatly enhanced :)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 5:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Should be sooner rather than later now

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:49 am 

That’s awesome, thanks for being such an active responder on here :)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:29 am 

Quote:
Should be sooner rather than later now
Fantastic..sooner being 1- 3 days I hope :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:10 am 

I went through the trouble of retrieving a registration code only to post this:

When I used LumaFusion for the first time and bumped into a problem where I needed to move or copy over some sequence of clips, I was stunned when I found out that there is no copy/paste.

To me, this would normally be a deal-breaker for any kind of editor, but LumaFusion is so good in many other ways that I learned to live with it.
However, it remains a huge pain.

This thread was created in May 2017, and it is the one with the most replies in the "Tips and Tricks" forum.
Please, it is time, include the copy/paste feature.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next