Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:13 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

Post subject: ATLANTIS
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:58 pm 
Expert
Expert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69K_iFZmux4

The process I used for this video began by connecting two, 15 second Matter (iOS app) rendered video clips in LumaFusion. The connection was seamless because the first Matter clip ends exactly where the second Matter clip begins. The result was one 30 second scene as the starting point.

I used eight, 60 second audio clips from LayR as the basis for the audio track. I selected LayR presets with arpeggio or sequence movement and tuned these presets by pressing and holding keyboard notes that sounded compatible across the eight different presets. I basically used the LayR presets straight out of the box - panning, echo, and arp or sequence aspects untouched. The BPM on these eight presets was either 60, 90 or 120. I auditioned and recorded these eight tracks separately in MultitrackDAW so that I could hear what all eight tracks sounded like together. Hearing all eight tracks combined bordered on musical brain overload but there was no obvious dissonance. Regardless, my intent was to blend and cross fade only three of these tracks at a time in LumaFusion.

So, now having eight tracks in MultitrackDAW, I exported each track separately into my LumaFusion project with some reverb from AD480. LumaFusion gave me six available audio tracks with which to duplicate, layer and dissolve the eight LayR tracks. At most I only had three tracks that were sounding at the same time and, more often, only one track was dominant. Curiously, the positioning of these eight tracks on the LumaFusion was not critical. In other words, I dropped them or moved them without any regard to midi clock or syncing the beat. They seemed to play nice with each other regardless of where they were positioned. Not sure why that is exactly except that they all had, like I said, either 60, 90 or 120 BPM timing.

On the video side, I used custom obj files from “free 3d dot com” which I imported into Matter. For the first half of the video I rotated these objects on a black background and used front reflection to add color to the rotating object. In the last half of the video I rotated the Matter objects on color background imagery with rear reflection.

I used custom objects with an architectural feel to them to convey the sense of the lost civilization of Atlantis.

I mirrored the Matter clips across the center vertical axis in LumaFusion. And then added some re-colorization and Big Pinch effects. The first and last scenes (where the imagery is deep blue color) vary slightly from this process in that they result from “rolling” an image in RollWorld iOS app.

I hope you enjoy watching and listening!

Peace!
Tom

Post subject: Re: ATLANTIS
PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:07 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think that’s your best one so far Tom!

I also enjoyed reading the description of how you created it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:02 am 
Expert
Expert

Thank you knobbydave! After making these 80 videos over the past 4 1/2 years, I often fear that I’m running out of ideas short of buying some new, fancy, expensive software that runs on a Mac. And then it wouldn’t be mobile which is the cool thing about LumaFusion. Alas, some new idea always seems to materialize and it’s off to the races again LOL!

Early on Terri (remember Terri? Where is she now?) said something to the effect that videos are better when they tell a story. Wise advice that I keep with me always.

Thanks for watching - glad you enjoyed it!

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Terri is still around and is in charge of Product Design (amongst other things)

https://luma-touch.com/us/

... her advice is still the same :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:18 am 
Expert
Expert

Cool pix and bios! Thanks knobbydave for the link!