Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:55 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4.4 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

Post subject: SYMMETRON
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:12 am 
Expert
Expert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81K372vyUrM

This vid uses a custom object imported into Pixite’s Matter app. There are a few websites that host obj format files along with other format files. I look for free obj files. Downloading and installing these obj files exclusively on an iPad is a challenge. It requires an app like iZip to unzip compressed or RAR files to locate the individual obj file. Once it’s been extracted, it’s a fairly straightforward matter to share it into Matter since the iPad automatically finds apps capable of opening the obj file. However, Matter is not capable of installing larger files - Matter will crash if the file is too large. What that size limit is, I’m not certain.

In any case, after installing the custom obj model in Matter, I create a video using different style modes in Matter. I use a high resolution black background in Matter. I can then layer this video in LumaFusion over other video clips. LumaFusion’s blend modes make magic in how the two layers interact. A solid Matter video will yield ethereal, ghostly color effects with the Luminosity blend mode. A transparent Matter video will allow the two video clips to fully interact while blacking out the black background from the Matter clip.

I mirrored both the primary and secondary video layers so the entire video is symmetrical. It reminded me of the movie, Tron, as well as the animated character, Megatron. Hence, the title - SYMMETRON.

So that’s how the sausage is made!

I hope you enjoy watching and listening!

Peace!
Tom

Post subject: Re: SYMMETRON
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:14 am 
Expert
Expert

Attachment:
17C8965C-0217-4AB8-A7EA-51DE8FA629D2.png
17C8965C-0217-4AB8-A7EA-51DE8FA629D2.png [ 934.5 KiB | Viewed 307 times ]
Here’s a typical image from the vid.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Good work Tom (again)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:11 am 
Expert
Expert

Thanks again Dave! Sorry for the late reply - for some reason your reply ended up in my spam folder.

Tom