Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:33 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:43 pm 
Adept
Adept

This is a test clip i made in LumaFusion using the new camera DJI Osmo Pocket.
The clip was actually filmed in 1080p, not 4K as stated in the film, and with 50fps and resized to 1080p, and slowed down to 40% in LumaFusion.

Im not 100% sure if I should maybe have done something differently, to make better slowmotion.

Any tips and suggestions will be appreciated.

ROB: I tried to use the DJI Osmo Pocket to record dripping water. But it did not turn out too good. It was filmed in 50 fps, with shutter at 1/100, ISO: 100
But ended with the drops almost hard to see, due to motion. So i have to give that another try another day, maybe use shutter speed 1/240 or something?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:11 pm 

I'm here looking for help & not in a position to give it ;) but I liked this! Very impressive.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:11 am 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
I'm here looking for help & not in a position to give it ;) but I liked this! Very impressive.
Thank you! I think maybe I would have liked to have it even more slow motion. I need to experiement more. There is a "Slow Motion" mode on the DJI Osmo Pocket that gives 1080p 4x (which means 120fps i think). But it crops more of the screen estate some said. I have to try that out. But With a shutter speed at 120 fps, to get cinematic results, i would have to have the shutter at 1/240. So it needs to be Bright filming conditions, to avoid having to crank up the ISO up from 100 so much.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:03 pm 
Expert
Expert

How are you finding the Osmo Pocket for regular shooting? (Although it looks like your weather isn’t ideal for walking around with it!)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:23 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
How are you finding the Osmo Pocket for regular shooting? (Although it looks like your weather isn’t ideal for walking around with it!)
It`s quite good for walking I would say. Even though it does not eliminate fully the little «Bob» up and down as you walk. I really look forward to using it more and more. It takes great panorama shots as well. And its fantastic to have a gimbal that small. Very useful.
Weather is not good now, we even had lots more snow, and after all the snow that came down, we now get mild temperatures and rain. :shock:

Last edited by StonedEdit on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:11 am 
Expert
Expert

Well I would increase to 400 ISO.

If you can create a F2.4 this blur out background and really focus on the water dropping.

I suspect light will improve the cameras performance.

Pussy cat works and very steady.
Did you hear about the re tharwd cat in Montana?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23663937/

When I watched your video StoneEdit the next auto play video came up with this idea.
Now you can green screen at home with your new toy and green screen with the tv.

Ideas could be tripod camera and hand puppets see how the auto focus can handle the two movements and green screen.

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:13 am 
Expert
Expert

Ps video probably retain the specs, u tube a cut down for the massive.

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:29 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Well I would increase to 400 ISO.

If you can create a F2.4 this blur out background and really focus on the water dropping.

I suspect light will improve the cameras performance.

Pussy cat works and very steady.
Did you hear about the re tharwd cat in Montana?

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2019/0 ... /23663937/

When I watched your video StoneEdit the next auto play video came up with this idea.
Now you can green screen at home with your new toy and green screen with the tv.

Ideas could be tripod camera and hand puppets see how the auto focus can handle the two movements and green screen.

Yes, i could have increaed the ISO for sure. Ah, poor cat! Glad it got rescued! :)
Oh yes, the old video of me making use of the tv as a greenscreen. Limited use of course, but your idea might work.

When that is said, i hope LumaFusion will get a better green screen keying, its not very good as it is now. Only if you almost have a perfect uniform green will it be good enough i guess.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:37 pm 
Expert
Expert

So this video is of you StoneEdit?

I like the thinking behind the idea, so obvious an idea.
Simple clean works no need to tidy up either.

Yep green screen is in a class of its own, some of my x students worked on bond and Star Wars movies.
One of their jobs was painting film sets, their are prop makers.

The only perfect green screen is a painted one , they would say.
And their eyes went mad, also has to be the perfect chromo key paint.
Then theirs the lighting aspects.

When you have this LumaFusion works well, just like other products such as after effects etc.

Regards Rob

Rob Chisholm