Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:18 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 3.0.9 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have High Efficiency on both my iPhones and my two iPads, and don’t have any issue at all. Can you try a different iPad maybe? I’m shooting 4K HDR video with my iPhone 12 and is super smooth. I tested on both my M1 iPad Pro and my iPad mini 6. No issues whatsoever.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:34 pm 

I transferred the video clips over to my iPhone 13 pro and repeated the editing process. I had no issues at all…other than I am trying to edit on a small screen.

I suspect that the combination of the iPad Air 3’s chipset, the new iOS 15 operating system and the way LumaFusion interacts with it is causing the issue. I plan on editing this video on my phone with the hopes that the folks here at Luma-touch can isolate the issue. Something is off in the way the software uses the chipset to render and output the video on my iPad.

I will be really bummed out if the software doesn’t work on my iPad anymore after the latest update to iOS 15. I can’t be upgrading my iPad every time they do a major update. My iPad has worked perfectly until now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:50 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I guess you can still downgrade to iOS 14 using an ipsw file, at least until LF confirms the issue is fixed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:32 am 
Adept
Adept

depending on the clip length and your free storage, you might like to try to transcode the problem HEVC clips to ProRes. Stick each file on the timeline by itself and export out to 422 or 422HQ which will be visually lossless. ProRes files are HUUUGE, so trim off the bits you don't want before export.

In preferences, there is the 'alternative export method' - personally, I had audio sync problems and the export times are LOOOONG. See if it works for you.

Windows laptop for emergencies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:22 am 

I converted the HEVC to H.264. And still have the problem. I’m pretty sure this is a back end problem with the new iOS and iPad Air 3.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:54 am 
Adept
Adept

As suggested above, a downgrade to iOS 14 is possible but I suspect it's one hell of a hoop to jump through. Put aside some time for that and back everything up first.

Martin, is it where you boot the ipad into recovery and restore it with iTunes? I've done that with an old iPhone.

Windows laptop for emergencies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:16 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
As suggested above, a downgrade to iOS 14 is possible but I suspect it's one hell of a hoop to jump through. Put aside some time for that and back everything up first.

Martin, is it where you boot the ipad into recovery and restore it with iTunes? I've done that with an old iPhone.
Yup. Exactly. So a good backup is good advice. And it might be easier if you have several backup version in iCloud, so you could restore from an older backup when you were at iOS14. But maybe not, so backup and take your time.

BTW, just search "Downgrade iOS 15 to 14" and you'll find a bunch of stuff, including some very helpful videos.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:16 pm 

Thanks for the advice. For the short term I will edit on my phone. Hopefully they will figure it out before long.

I did notice today that the playback isn’t perfectly smooth (using “balanced” on my phone either. But it doesn’t crash and the output looks good)