Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:37 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4.4 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:39 pm 

.....such as cropping, contrast, hue, etc?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:51 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

If I’ve understood correctly the answer is no but you can copy and paste settings from one clip to others. Also if you drag new video onto a clip in the timeline which already has been modified the modifications will be retained with the new video.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:48 am 

What I'm looking for is not copying settings but automation of any parameter the same way you can automate a clip moving across the screen. For example, if I want to slowly increase the contrast, or brightness (or any other parameter) from one end of the slider spectrum to another over the course of whatever time I choose. It would be used as a visual effect.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:49 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I think you need to use key frames to create your effect, eg contrast normal at one key frame to high at another. Make this a preset if you want to apply it to other clips (or copy and paste).
If by automate you mean to have it automatically applied as a default to all new clips it’s not possible. Sorry if I’m not understanding but aren’t key frames the way you are “automating” a clip sliding across the screen?

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 7:58 am 
Adept
Adept

I believe you are asking if it is possible to change settings such as cropping, hue, and contrast across time using key frames.
If so, the answer is yes.

Take a look at this quick tutorial that shows how to change saturation using keyframes so the video goes from color to black and white:

MVE

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 9:08 am 

Ahh, thanks to both of you. I didn't realize keyframes were useful for more than movement of a clip. It looks like this will work for what I'm trying to achieve.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:45 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Ahh, thanks to both of you. I didn't realize keyframes were useful for more than movement of a clip. It looks like this will work for what I'm trying to achieve.
You may find this interesting; change text color across time using keyframes: https://youtu.be/4a6upjyW8-g