Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:09 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:18 pm 
Expert
Expert

I probably shouldn't post this because it makes me seem stupid but just in case it helps anyone else ...

Yesterday I accidentally realised I could air play anything in LumaFusion to my Apple TV. That's AirPlay the video full screen on the tv not just mirroring the iPad screen which gives a smaller letterboxed video with black surrounds.
This morning when I tried it again I couldn't find the little blue AirPlay button in LumaFusion. Much useless searching! Turns out it only appears if you first turn on Screen Mirroring in the iPad control panel. Doh! Now I know but it seems a bit unintuitive to me.

Background: I keep copies of all my hundreds of finished videos in Files On My Device because Photos is full and downloading a video from iCloud or a separate drive is a pain when you want to show someone. Unfortunately Files shows them letterboxed and has no AirPlay. I used a video player app that could read files to get round this. Now I'm thinking I can just use LumaFusion and keep them in the Finished Projects folder. I can also use the notes field to assign a proper date and use it to sort them. (I want them to sort on the date of the video activity, not when the project was eventually saved.) I don't know of a way of changing the date of a file. Anyone know?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:53 pm 
Adept
Adept

Thanks Mark,
I have an app that allows screen mirroring my device’s screen to Chromecast.
After seeing your post I tried it with LumaFusion and the AirPlay icon was right there in LumaFusion.
As expected, I was able to see the preview of the video on the TV while editing was still done on the device.

This is the app I’m using:
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/streamer- ... 1151425002

MVE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:49 am 
Expert
Expert

That’s the idea. I had Chromecast but eventually splashed on an Apple TV because it was easier to set up in someone else’s home when you want to show them a video or two. Chromecast needed access to their wifi and setting up in the app but with Apple TV you don’t need the wifi - just plug it in with HDMI and you can AirPlay or screen mirror straight away.