Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:50 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 3.0.9 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:53 am 

Hey,

I have started using green screen clips, which have to be positioned on a secondary track, so the image stays in the foreground. However, if I make changes to the length of some clips in the middle of the green screen track, a gap is created (obviously). So I move the previous clip forward to close the gap and then the one afterwards and the next one, etc. Is there a better way to move a clip and all the ones that come after it on a secondary track?
My only solution is the multiselect tool, which is super annoying to do every time!

Thanks for the help.

Regards Julius

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:33 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'd say zoom out and multi-select, as I see no other way.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:41 am 
Adept
Adept

I often import sections of footage in stages onto the timeline OR import all of it, then clear the timeline and assemble it in stages. I find it speeds up my assembly and rough edit if I'm not zooming in and out of a long timeline.

You might also consider editing one difficult section in a separate project entirely. Then you can copy the timeline of that finished section from one project to your main project timeline (or export it high bitrate or prores to insert in your main project).

Windows laptop for emergencies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:09 am 
Adept
Adept

Additionally, if you are working with multiple layers of video and deleting the main track causes the top layers to get out of sync, then the order you delete your clips can make a big difference to the timeline.

Here's my example:

I have a main clip which is the background to a greenscreen element which is on the layer above. I'd like to make a cut which intersects both layers and delete the unwanted section. I make that cut and ensure the edges of the clips are aligned (even if I'm going to stagger the edit later). Next I delete any additional tracks of unwanted video and audio, leaving just the main track THEN I delete the unwanted main track. The rest of the timeline on all layers should shift together (unless any are locked).

Windows laptop for emergencies