Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:06 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 3.0.9 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:04 pm 

Are there any love for issues with LumaFusion on Mac M1?

Mac M1 running BigSur 11.6
LumaFusion 3.0.7.1492

Created and edited 5 projects, each with two 4k video files.
Rendered to local HD using Files.

Watched the videos and decided to go re-edit the videos, LumaFusion was not closed down.
When I went back into LumaFusion, all my videos are blank. The timeline is there and edits but video playback are all black and blank.
The top left menu was in the Transitions page.

I restarted the Mac with a reboot and it still didn’t restore. The only way to get videos back is to start a new project and reimport.
Lost all my previous 5 project work since they wouldn’t show video images.

Any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:21 am 
Adept
Adept

Check this thread
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9052

Look at the info for the clips you have on the timeline. Are they all blank-*.mov? It sounds like the same issue I had. I heard that was to be fixed in v3.0.5?

If it's the same issue, the work around to rescue the broken projects is in my replies to my own thread. I had over 100 files to restore, but it was do-able. You'll need to use finder to find where Lumafusion keeps cached files on Mac.

Macintosh HD/Users/[yourname]/Library/Containers/Lumafusion/Data/Documents/UserMedia
Tag it so you can find it again! :D

Also raise it with support, perhaps they could help you out with fixing your projects. They also need to know it ain't fixed yet!

ALSO - in preferences, raise the number of backups from the default of 3 to 20. Those 3 backups get eaten up QUICK by broken projects.

Myself, I paid for the XML export and switched my big project to Davinci on the Mac. I'll keep Lumafusion for smaller projects on my IPP.

Windows laptop for emergencies

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:23 am 

Thank you for replying. It seems you have seen the same issue. Thank you for the tips too.
Yes I tried Davinci and really like the auto audio sync feature. Matching audio in LF is a pain.
Downside of Davinci is that the shaky camera stabilization feature takes so much longer than LM.
LM seems to just work better on iPad than Mac M1 (obvious since it is designed for it) but I’m suprised the Mac M1 is no faster in rendering.
Tried Davinci on my old PC with I7-4790 and nvidia GTX 1070, it ran the stabilization faster than the M1.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:42 am 
Adept
Adept

I'm still yet to try half of the features of Davinci. Consider me a newbie. I've just paid for the Studio version for the Fairlight Audio, AI masking, HDR colour and high res footage import. All this when my viewers serem quite happy to watch me talk into the selfie camera on my phone. :roll:

It's a nice bonus to have Lumafusion on the M1 Mac - I wouldn't choose Lumafusion to replace a desktop NLE. Losing the touch interface kinda misses the point, but I appreciate that I have the option of moving projects between devices. The development team seem to work quickly, so I have hopes that they'll get to the bottom of the bugs eventually.

Let me know how you get on. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:15 pm 

So I’m not using sophisticated features yet and was using LumaFusion for some kid school projects. I mainly use it for multi-cam editing.
where I could use LM to get by. However after using Davinci, I found the audio sync feature to save me a lot of time.
As mentioned in my first post, I have to turn out a few sets of videos a week , all needing syncing and camera shake stabilizing.

I can do it on either Mac M1 or Win10 pc.
I can also use my iPad Pro also but heres my ques:

Why can’t I disable snap-in on LM so that I can sync audio easier by visual waveform?
Why is stabilizing so slow on Davinci? Does Studio speed it up? On the Mac, Studio provides more extension capabilities but not processing, free version giveit all unlike PC version.

Regarding the blank video bug, I had no time but to start over.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:02 am 
Adept
Adept

Free version of Resolve isn't hardware accelerated on PC, however it IS on Mac.

Audio clips in Lumafusion still snap to FRAMES, despite not actually having frames. You won't be able to align the audio perfectly, but myself I find that "close enough" is usually acceptable. The speed of sound from a close mic to the camera further away would result in a difference anyway. ;)

If you wanted finer control, try doubling the project frame-rate.

If you don't mind the work-flow, align in Davinci, trim off any excess and render out to new files for Lumafusion. You can tick to render the timeline as a series of clips, rather than one contiguous file if that suits better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:04 pm 

>If you don't mind the work-flow, align in Davinci, trim off any excess and render out to new files for Lumafusion. You can tick to render the timeline as a series of clips, rather than one contiguous file if that suits better.

If LM gets auto audio sync feature, it'll be on par with Davinci for my projects.
I know Davinci is much more but editing on the iPad Pro M1 and LM is quite nice with an external SanDisk 4T drive. I have to consolidate all my videos before editing as first step. This drive is then moved to any platform - iPad, Mac, PC.
I haven't had bugs on LM with the iPad Pro M1, only Mac M1.
Davinci's camera's shake stablizer is still slow no matter what.

>If you wanted finer control, try doubling the project frame-rate.
Thanks again for the tips! I'll try increasing the frame rate and see.
It is true that I can't tell the difference when it is close enough audio wise but video wise I can see it.