Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:19 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4.4 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 5:07 am 

Hello Lumafusion experts,

I am totally new to video-creation. An absolute newbie.

My wish was to create a short video for social media with only text transitions (like a movie trailer/intro) and a voice sample and some music behind it. I was underwhelmed by the 12 title effects iMovie offered, so thanks to some Youtube tutorials I found out that the iOS app Keynote from Apple offers considerably more on that level.

I was able to create exactly what I wanted using iMovie and Keynote. Keynote is truly a surprisingly fantastic app to create both text effects and transitions... in fact I created the entire movie trailer in Keynote (text-wise) and the only thing I had to do is import the thing in iMovie, add a soundtrack and that was it!

I was impressed, as I said by Keynote, but not so much by iMovie. As an absolute beginner I already was confronted by it's limitations (only 1 video track is supported for example), so I purchased Lumafusion.

(Okay, introduction part over ;) )

As a total newbie to this world of video-editing I might jump to conclusions too quick, so please bear with me :) ). When I started to use Lumafusion I noticed that, first: it's amazing 8-). But we already knew that.
Secondly, I experienced that a certain area of the app was not quite so easy to use, at least for me as a beginner to this app.

It is when you edit a Title. See the screenshot. It's the area where you can edit all kinds of properties of a Title. What I noticed is that my eyes had issues distinguishing -in the property list- what value was related to what property. You see, everything there is listed in the same font, with the same font colour and background colour. What I mean is (see the example in the screenshot) that the distinction between the property-name and property values is not there. So several times I noticed that I was altering a property-value that belonged to a property that I did not meant to change.

There is only a tiny almost invisible dark-grey divider line between all the properties. And since it is hardly visible, the whole list of segments there ends up as being one long list where it is not so easy to see which stuff belongs to what property. For my eyes and mind, it would help very much if the property-name field could have a different background than the property-value fields have. (Or to make the already offered divider line much more visible). So that it becomes immediately clear for my eyes and computing mind which values belong to which properties in this list.

Thanks for this great app,
Grover.

Attachments:
IMG_3487.jpg
IMG_3487.jpg [ 1.21 MiB | Viewed 256 times ]

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Grover

Welcome to the forum

Thanks for the suggestions

The next release, due soon, will allow you to resize various parts of the interface which may well do exactly what you want