Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:35 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4.4 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:15 pm 
Novice
Novice

So I was making this vintage film emulation effect in one of my projects and started thinking that only thing missing is the authentic camera shake. I made every other parts of the effect from scratch, but the camera shake effect wouldn't be easy thing to come up with just adding keyframes OR even with easing which I heard should be coming at some point to LF.

So I my idea is kind of simple, but actually pretty creative way to control everything: recording gyroscope movements to make the keyframes values for like the 'size and position' etc. It should be able to record all X Y Z / yaw / tilt etc. what ever values gyro is giving and you should be able to limit the data also. I wish I could make my speed ramps just by tilting my ipad on a table and record only one axis from the gyro. Sensitivity adjustment should probably be there to make it easier to control.

I know, other people are asking for something like warp stabilizer(hashtag me too :lol: ) and here I'm asking quite the opposite, but I know this could be really, REALLY BIG thing to have in LF too :)

I'm not saying it would work for everything and that every keyframe value created by recording gyros would look good, but we have the hardware, so why not use it?

Here you can see how linear the movement is, I would love to add some shakiness to it:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:24 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Ha ha. Maybe you should re-film the screen with a shaky camera. I’d really rather they worked on stabilisation. :D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:54 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Ha ha. Maybe you should re-film the screen with a shaky camera. I’d really rather they worked on stabilisation. :D
Not possible anymore and that was not the point, I want them to work on stabilisation too :D

But also this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:12 pm 
Novice
Novice

I actually love the sound of this but it sounds like an extremely niche feature and much more likely to find success as an app specifically for that purpose.

I can’t see the Luma team spending time on something like this but you never know, some developer out there might have this idea too!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:28 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I actually love the sound of this but it sounds like an extremely niche feature and much more likely to find success as an app specifically for that purpose.

I can’t see the Luma team spending time on something like this but you never know, some developer out there might have this idea too!
An app to control bunch of different values in lumafusion? well ok that makes no sense :D

But yeah maybe an app that can make footage look shaky is probably already there :)