Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:54 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

Post subject: Re: 24bit audio?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Still haven’t forgotten you Glen

I will try again now they’re back

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

While Core Audio does support 24 bit audio for processing, getting proper AAC/PCM export in a video file with 24-bit has caused problems in the past (often iOS will provide greater import/read support than it does for export). I will put in a new feature request to re-test under iOS 13 to see if that's something we can enable.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Chris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:08 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I would be curious to know more. Audio apps don’t have any issue with this, so I’d have to guess it has something to do with being muxed with the video. I should test if Auria has the issue when I output the audio with video. Would be good to know that it’s doing the same. It does save the audio separately as well, which could be their workaround.

Anyway, thanks for the insight. Will be good to hear what iOS 13 does in this regard!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glen, Chris is the lead developer so if you need more info then contact support directly

But

If ‘it doesn’t work reliably’ (even if it seems it should) it won’t be included

(I’m not a developer)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:31 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I get that. I may just have to rethink how i use it. As it stands i have been taking my full event videos and doing processing and mastering in Auria, then exporting as one big video and then splitting it up in LumaFusion at super high quality into the different individual acts. I hadn't realized it was smashing the PCM down to 16 bit on export and making it no longer high res audio quality. As it's an audio first based event this concerned me. It probably means i'll just have to split everything in Auria first and save the audio files separately for other uses and that i can't depend on the quality in Luma to do that.

It's definitely a much more tedious process that way. Auria isn't exactly an ideal place to do those cuts. I'll probably just get used to doing it differently though to preserve full quality. I'm hoping iPad OS will make a lot of things easier though so it's not as much a bother. I am really trying to not have to throw anything back on to the computer to do this. iPad OS seems to really be a part of Apple giving users more power, so maybe the problem just won't be a problem anymore.

I'm loving Luma though overall! It makes video editing much more of a joy and feel inspired to make videos instead of it feeling like a burden or job.

I didn't think i'd be making stuff like this:

i'm glad there are responsive developers as well. It really makes it better to know they listen and can tell us what's actually going on :D