Hellooooooo!!!! After spending some time with LumaFusion I really adore it!! One thing I wish it had were more After Effects features. My PC sucks at using After Effects (and many other things) so I have to use iPad alternatives. Below is my messy request list of features I want to see in LumaFusion. Many of you are probably not AMV makers but for people who are, this is important and could really put LumaFusion on the map. You can also draw in a new crowd of AMV-makers who want to use their iPads as an alternative. I already sent this to a support and got lovely responses but I wanted to share it here too. At the bottom are more features I haven't added to the original email.
The effects in this video: https://instagram.com/p/BXBokaUn5mY/
* saber effect (the neon lights), as seen in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVOvI3bl1lI
* I think LF could accomplish this with ease.
* scribble effect like in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PaWwvnhvLY
* the "small video" and overlaying/placing it atop another video
* flip book effect
* placing a video on top of another video (the video being placed can have its own shape)
The effects in this video: https://instagram.com/p/BTMNeKgl_7I/
* the shiny light effects (the heaviness/brightness can be adjusted with a slider)
* selecting (masking?) an object in the clip and changing the colors of everything around it (but not the selected clip itself)
* The 3D camera (I am assuming it is 3d or a form of ken burn) seems to have AE's "easy ease/interpolation" effect applied to make it look smooth
The effects in this video: https://instagram.com/p/BT3oiwxFIRX/
* it seems the clips that were masked have the "easy ease" applied to them to make them looks smooth. The masked elements can also be "moved" from point A to point B
* the "zooming out" transition
* adding flash to transitions (as seen in the video)
* The ability to "move" objects and have multiple elements (photos or videos) together like the pictures in this video: https://instagram.com/p/BU9NR2KFeJG/
* wavy effect like in the video
VHS Effect like the one in this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ-4nOQixQw
* displacement maps and color fringing (which help with the VHS effect as seen in this article): https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/how-to ... s-footage/
* glass shatter effect:
* slide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTTWZBqTmOM
* Rotation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIwNWWNIyEU
* Drop shadow for masked clips
* slide-over (like a comic book) as seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q6aSyFlvFs
* the effects seen in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRhcawc_APw
The specific effects are: "page flip/flip book," the "slide-over/side by side" comic book transition, multiple videos inside different transitions (see 0:12-0:13 of the video), the "multiple videos/picture in picture" transitions from 0:15-0:16
* shape mask for video clips (0:18-0:20)
* dynamic camera movement/shakes (this might belong in the "motion graphics" category)
* glitch effect
* changing the video/letterbox. I do not know what this feature is called. It happens at 0:51-0:52
* any other effect in the video I might have missed, like the various brightness and blur effects
* Changing a video's RGB colors/values
* Bloom effect
* Blurring everything behind a masked element
MOTION GRAPHICS WISH LIST
* dust particles, changing particle size
* mask paths and shape paths
* 3D elements like in this video: https://instagram.com/p/BXiufZtDIvj/
and this video: https://instagram.com/p/BVYJPBCB244/
* the ability to apply effects to video clip masks like in this video: https://instagram.com/p/BWqr91fhHCZ/
This video tutorial perfectly demonstrates some of the effects I'd like to see in LF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LcnPXIrCJk&t=90s
The glitch effects and "8-bit" style as seen in this music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCSb5Jr_1Z0
This tutorial shows how it's done in AE. Perhaps a similar method or workaround can be achieved in LF: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQ-bpkgsFXU
This video demonstrates how to get the effects seen in the final video. I hope seeing this process helps with adding features similar to these: https://youtu.be/0LcnPXIrCJk
* being able to have a camera "follow" the words. This camera's movement should be smooth. How smooth can be adjusted with the slider.
The "paint bleed effects" in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baNnsgNBYxQ
Lastly, the effects in this lovely video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45C1kqFrEK0
That video uses a lot of masking. It would be great if effects can be applied to video clip masks in LF. The character masking towards the end is something I'd like to see LF being capable of in the near future (when motion graphics is added to LF's list of upcoming features).
Being able to adjust the strength and how these effects occur is important. It makes the final video feel "organic" and not static like "these were preset effects that I just slap onto this video." Having them custom means not everyone who uses it will look the same.
The smoothing is also important. That is a key feature in After Effects and makes it easy to tell which videos were made in AE and which videos were made in other programs (like Sony Vegas). I think AE achieves this through its keyframing feature. This tutorial explains how it works: https://www.rocketstock.com/blog/smooth ... r-effects/
This tutorial explains it too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UCMq4CH5g8
More Luma features:
Custom background instead of black
Blend modes for videos!! PLEASE THIS IS IMPORTANT. Like color dodge, lumosity, pin light, etc.
Maybe adjustment layers
That weird photoshop 3D thing like compositing apps: https://youtu.be/JzJohgzY4S0
Screen pump? :3
Active camera!! So we can "move" the camera around multiple videos! This is important too!
View by frames on the timeline like in AE
Better audio editing like reverb and changing audio from one speaker to the other, side chaining.
For iOS 11: Using an address of a file in the files app instead of importing
GLITCH EFFECT like in this tutorial: https://youtu.be/nXKvsnC6DZA
Typewriter preset for text like in After Effects and the ability to adjust the speed and smoothness of it.
I really hope to see these effects added to LumaFusion in the future. I'm sorry if this list is too much!