Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:52 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:18 am 
Novice
Novice

I faced an issue with an hour long video and it is actually annoying as F.

So I needed to copy/move one little short clip that is just titles and animation from the start to the end of the video. Copy/Paste is not working properly (cmd+c, cmd+v) like it is supposed to work, it just won't paste anything (too long project?).

[EDIT] Copy/paste worked, but I had to duplicate that clip and it moved it to another track, ALSO: it should not do that because if I want to duplicate something I usually want it to stay on the same track! It will mess up things in my timeline. Sometimes it would duplicate to same track, but you cannot really control it unless you occupy other tracks.

And if I want to move it with the pen it won't grab the clip, it will JUST SHORTEN IT accidentally. Could you PLEASE make a tool that would JUST GRAB the video clip and wouldn't change its length? It's really hard to move things when you can't really touch in the center of the clip when you are zoomed out so it wouldn't take minutes to move it to the end. Only way to move it is just zoom in and grab it in the middle and just wait and wait. and wait some more. like couple of minutes to complete that manual task... Not very ideal. If the copy/paste doesn't work correctly. But. I got it working, but it wasn't easy at first.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:25 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Good on you for persevering. I know it was really hard for them to get copy and paste working perfectly in every situation and big projects are always difficult.
Maybe it would be easier to cut the clip, then move and paste? Depends on the track links I guess so it can be very complicated.
In the old days before copy and paste I’d always export my project then add beginnings and ends in a new project. I still do this if I’m worried about upsetting the timings.