Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:05 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:34 am 
Novice
Novice

I’d like to start a thread with feature requests and bugs. This is meant to be a discussion as some features may exist or there may alternative methods for doing the same thing. It is also good to learn about workflows and how people edit.

Feature

1 allow user to advance to next clip inside the editor
2 allow single tap on clipboard to paste and double tap to bring up options or visa versa
3 allow trimming/expanding inside the slip editor
4 option to have clip focus follow the read head
5 record taps/keys macro capability viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7765
6 key frames for speed changes
7 ability to move key frames
8 story block favorites viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7764
9 select multiple clips on timeline
10 group copy, move, paste, delete
11 templates with transitions and affects as starting point
12 full screen drag and drop clip sorting like photo gallery
13 audio scrubbing viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7765&start=10

Improvements

1 move undo and redo in the editor to the play bar to align with the look of the preview window
2 put the advance/back frame icons on the preview window to align with the look of the editor
3 double click on the rotation position, speed, etc. In the editor should reset that property to default
4 presets for speed at 2x, 1/2, 1/4
5 slip editor should adjust zoom to show clip being edited instead of the entire parent clip - should support pinch zooming

Bugs

1 rotation fine adjustment in edit window is a minimum 0.5 degrees and should be 0.1 degrees.
2 tool tip is missing form slip tool viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7741
3 slip tool read head goes to beginning of the entire clip, not the beginning of trimmed clip
4 playback skip glitch http://forums.luma-touch.com/viewtopic. ... 168#p25168
5 trimmer doesn’t calculate trimmed length properly viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7790

Link to previous features poll

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6814

Last edited by Purdyd on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 9 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:37 am 
Novice
Novice

B1 while by hand you can adjust the rotation in .1 increments the fine adjustment arrow is only allows .5 degree adjustments. This makes it difficult to get exactly to an angle. The other fine adjustments are in.1 increments
Attachment:
1E91A916-CD81-4EBD-AC9F-E2F88CD8F37D.jpeg
1E91A916-CD81-4EBD-AC9F-E2F88CD8F37D.jpeg [ 1.69 MiB | Viewed 403 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:40 am 
Novice
Novice

B3 when you select the slip editor the read head moves to the front of the clip and not the trimmed clip. As a result, you don’t see the same view by default as the trimmed clip. Once you begin slipping, the read head moves to the clip
Attachment:
445430EF-7E02-4B16-A31C-F23B941524BA.jpeg
445430EF-7E02-4B16-A31C-F23B941524BA.jpeg [ 1.84 MiB | Viewed 402 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:41 am 
Novice
Novice

B2
Attachment:
C27C7760-2ECC-4BC3-BF27-D589569325D4.jpeg
C27C7760-2ECC-4BC3-BF27-D589569325D4.jpeg [ 1.76 MiB | Viewed 402 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:15 am 
Expert
Expert

Good points all Purdyd. Generally “one tap less” to do anything improves usability (saves time). Improving usability allows more time for creativity (which usually means time for experiment)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:44 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Good points all Purdyd. Generally “one tap less” to do anything improves usability (saves time). Improving usability allows more time for creativity (which usually means time for experiment)
Mark, you are pretty active here and have good ideas. Would welcome some more contributions and discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:44 pm 
Expert
Expert

I have been more active recently haven’t I. Been promoted back to “expert” I see. Ha ha. I don’t know anything really. Those ratings are based on how many comments you have made. Dave is my hero. He’s been around from before I started years ago in the Pinnacle days. I believe the first post I made was a request for stabilising and it may be coming at last. Woohoo.
I also posted a long time ago a request for more automation generally. While everything in LumaFusion is great it is all very manual and requires multiple taps. I remember in Pinnacle in the clip editor you could move to the next clip but LumaFusion requires you to exit to the timeline. All these little things make editing slower and make it harder to be creative. You become reluctant to abandon all your work and do it all again with another approach.
Ideally I’d love lots of completely automated templates (like Quik) that I could quickly experiment with and then use LumaFusion’s tools to customise and perfect. Templates could be created and shared. Even some random transitions/effects would be great starting points. I’d also like to be able to sort multiple clips full screen with drag and drop like you can sort a custom album in the Photos app. Much more visual and flexible than moving things along a long timeline. Of course group copy/move etc would help too.
But it ain’t going to happen any time soon. I’m way ahead of my time. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:24 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Mark

We all lost a load of posts when the Pinnacle Stuff was deleted

Soon a Grand Master you will be hmmmm (Yoda voice)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:17 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I have been more active recently haven’t I. Been promoted back to “expert” I see. Ha ha. I don’t know anything really. Those ratings are based on how many comments you have made. Dave is my hero. He’s been around from before I started years ago in the Pinnacle days. I believe the first post I made was a request for stabilising and it may be coming at last. Woohoo.
I also posted a long time ago a request for more automation generally. While everything in LumaFusion is great it is all very manual and requires multiple taps. I remember in Pinnacle in the clip editor you could move to the next clip but LumaFusion requires you to exit to the timeline. All these little things make editing slower and make it harder to be creative. You become reluctant to abandon all your work and do it all again with another approach.
Ideally I’d love lots of completely automated templates (like Quik) that I could quickly experiment with and then use LumaFusion’s tools to customise and perfect. Templates could be created and shared. Even some random transitions/effects would be great starting points. I’d also like to be able to sort multiple clips full screen with drag and drop like you can sort a custom album in the Photos app. Much more visual and flexible than moving things along a long timeline. Of course group copy/move etc would help too.
But it ain’t going to happen any time soon. I’m way ahead of my time. :D
Let’s see if we can pull this apart.

Stabilization
Automated templates like GoPro Quik with some random transitions, effects
Full screen drag and drop clip sorting like a custom album in photo gallery
Group move,copy, paste

All great ideas. The thing I like about the Quik templates is that it saves you a tone of time on still pictures but automating their movement.

I like the full screen drag and drop like some of the simpler editors which give you clips of the same size and you can sort them easily.

I think a group select feature is needed in the timeline.

And the whole workflow of moving through the timeline and trimming/splitting needs to be streamlined. Too many taps.