Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:06 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 3.0.4 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:40 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi, I’m working on a gen 3 iPad Pro, and have a music video project that includes Sony files and a few different clips from Storyblocks.

2 days ago, I was about 45 seconds into the project and was able to render the file and send it to the client with no issues.

Yesterday, I was 1:20 into the project (using the same Sony and Storyblocks files) and when trying to render the video, I was met with nothing but render fails. One after the other after the other. So many fails! I was given an assortment of time stamps where the error was occurring, and sometimes I was given no time stamp at all…just a message saying “try again later”.

I finally went through the hour long process of optimizing the project, and when it was done it told me that some of the files were bad. So, I look through the optimized project, and the files that were “bad” were some of the Storyblocks files that had just rendered perfectly the day before! WTH! :|

Now I’m 2 minutes into the project, I deleted all of the bad files, and it still took me 4 tries to get this video to render!

What’s going on here??

I’m trying with all of my being to love this app and use it for my client projects, but the dependability just isn’t there.
Now I have a client project due next week, and I’m not confident LumaFusion is going to let me render it!

PLEASE HELP!! How do I get LumaFusion to reliably render my projects every time??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi KaiMultiVideo

Sorry you're having problems

I suggest that you contact support directly with this one

https://luma-touch.com/support

(They may request you to upload the project of files)

Just a quick question .. what format are the Sony files in and what are they taken on? Are they in a format that is supported natively by Apple? (not by apps)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:51 am 
Novice
Novice

Thank you for the response.

I shoot on a Sony a6400. The files are fully compatible with apple. I’ve been on this setup for over a year. On short projects I rarely have rendering problems. It’s only on projects with longer and more intricate timelines (and paying clients) where I have trouble. I’ve been a LF user since 2018 and I’ve developed an anxiety when I go to render a longer project because it’s a crap shoot every time.

If the failed renders could at least identify the exact problem then that would be easy to fix, but when error times are all over the place it doesn’t help much. Then sometimes the render will fail 10 times, then magically work on the 11th time! Where is the method to this madness? It’s beyond frustrating.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mmmm ... thanks

You've tried the right things which is why I suggest you contact support directly (include a link to this thread)

Let us know how you get on