Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:03 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:00 am 

I encountered an issue where I have 120fps footage (30fps video running at 4x speed) and exporting the video at 60fps... well, I edit out some frames in the timeline (censured stuff, eliminate blank frames in a speedpaint) but at exporting it might happen that I see undesired frames exporting, frames I didn’t see in the timeline while editing. While checking my project timeline I can see those frames exported by eye when playing the video (not always appearing but often), but if I explore the timeline frame by frame I don’t see the undesired frames (nor playing at lower speed reproduction in the video window).

.... I understand this happens because each frame in my timeline actually contains 2 frames (because of the source being 2x the FPS of the project). But the app should be consistent in the frames it shows while exploring the timeline to the frames used in normal speed reproduction and the frames actually used for exporting the final project. Otherwise the exporting is unpredictable (at single frame levels).

Probably most people don’t care much about a couple frames within 1/60 of a second being randomly chosen, that’s ok.... but I think the consistency between what the app shows and what it exports is important.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

So your 30 fps footage is being cranked up 4x and then exported at 60fps

Can I ask why?

Why not shoot at the speed you want for export?