Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:47 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:51 pm 
Novice
Novice

Iphone (and cellphones in general) generate variable frame rate video. It means that there is a target frame rate, for example 30 fps, but the actual frame rate is varying and is not stable. Do anyone know why cellphones do this? The consequence is that edited and exported video have glitches like duplicate frames which is very annoying as the smooth motion is interrupted from time to time. It looks similar than dropped frames in the player. I believe there is no way to avoid this or has anyone found a workaround to fix this?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Interesting but I’ve never noticed any problem using the iPhone as my principal camera. Reading a bit suggests that it is an efficiency method to reduce file size and happens even if you can set frame rate (with Filmic Pro which I don’t use normally). In practice I wonder whether I’d notice say a one frame glitch visible for only a thirtieth of a second?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:17 pm 

https://www.provideocoalition.com/under ... tribution/

LumaFusion 2.3.0.1254

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:04 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Good one thanks. Looks like it may not be an issue in the iOS realm (so I’m ok) but important for some professional video work.