Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:23 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:40 pm 

I frequently use keyframing to smoothen & zoom jerky camerawork in sports reels. In one of the latest upgrades it seems the keyframing now 'snap-jumps' a second or so before scrolling smoothly again after I add a new keyframe. This completely takes away my 'feeling' for the panning speed and thereby my ability to smooth out jerky camera movements (I need to find the exact frame where camera accelerates or stops and put my keyframe ther, this skipping makes that impossible). Does anyone know how to disable this feature?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:48 pm 

It also seems the jog/scroll wheel is no longer a jog wheel, but instead jumps to wherever I put my finger on it. Extremely annoying - can that also be turned off?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:21 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

I’m thinking that you are having trouble putting your finger exactly on the cursor so it doesn’t jump to a new position. For me it was just a matter of training myself to touch on the cursor instead of just anywhere and it seems easy enough. Maybe using the Apple pencil would be easier for you? Sorry if I’m misinterpreting the problem.

Edit: If there is a key frame within 4 frames the cursor will jump to it. It will also jump off it in the same way. This could be a problem for fine edits but makes it easier to edit a key frame without inadvertently adding a new one next to it. The only way I know to move within the 4 frames is to use the frame advance button.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Mark

Good reply

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:27 pm 

Thanks Mark and Dave. Would you consider making the "snap to keyframe within 4 frames" a user settings option?

I consider the change from "jogwheel" to "finger position sensitive" a considerable usability/editing efficiency loss.
You really need to be able to scroll manually to get a feel for movement speed to be able to put the keyframes in the right position. would you consider reverting that one, or making that a user option as well?