Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:07 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:37 am 
Novice
Novice

I thought I’d seen a topic covering this but I can’t find it so my apologies in advance if this has been covered (many times)...

I have a timeline with many GoPro clips on it and those clips were brought in with the new method of linking to an external drive folder (which puts them into the LibraryMedia/FilesExt folder). I’d like to move these into the UserMedia folder under a project-specific sub-folder and was wondering what the procedure would be to re-link the clips in the timeline to this new location.

I haven’t tried it yet for fear of damaging the project. I could try it with a test project by I thought I’d come to the experts before stepping on my own toes...

Thanks in advance,

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Steve

I would export the stuff as a 'LumaFusion Project Package' and I would opt for 'Full Original Media' (this results in a larger file but contains full media)

See page 103 of the User Guide for more detailed information

https://luma-touch.com/wp-content/uploa ... -Guide.pdf

Hope that helps

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:11 pm 
Novice
Novice

Im also looking for a way to gather all files related to a project in one folder under UserMedia. It would enable media files managment to be much more organised and the entire workflow better.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:57 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Hi Steve

I would export the stuff as a 'LumaFusion Project Package' and I would opt for 'Full Original Media' (this results in a larger file but contains full media)

See page 103 of the User Guide for more detailed information

https://luma-touch.com/wp-content/uploa ... -Guide.pdf

Hope that helps
Thanks Dave - I'm missing something, though - Would I then import the package back in and that would automatically organize my media? The issue for me is that I want to move media files that are already on a timeline - and to move their location to some other LumaFusion folder... Thx.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Errr

I'm not quite with you ... yet :?

If you export your project with full media you get a single file which is called xxxxxx.spryzip

That contains all media and the project

If you then delete all the original media from your iThing you can come back to the project by importing the spryzip file which will put the media in the right place for you to continue editing your project. You could also open the .spryzip on a different iThing and edit the project on there. I have started a project on my phone while on the way home on the train and continued on my iPad

The spryzip file is a zip file containing everything so if you open it as a zip file ie unzip it, you get all the files back

Am I getting it yet?

If you manually move the media to another location then the project won't know where to find it and will show 'missing media'. You could then drag the media from the new location to the timeline but it is a lot of work and would almost be as easy to start the project again

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:35 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:

If you then delete all the original media from your iThing you can come back to the project by importing the spryzip file which will put the media in the right place for you to continue editing your project.
I made a test and found out that after importing of the spryzip file all the project media is placed in one folder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks igals

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:13 pm 
Novice
Novice

I think LF should provide a way to re-link media while moving it from the library to usermedia folders - or keep the media linked to the timeline regardless of its location.
It would enable media organisation per project.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:37 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
I think LF should provide a way to re-link media while moving it from the library to usermedia folders - or keep the media linked to the timeline regardless of its location.
It would enable media organisation per project.
Yes - this is what I was hoping to be able to do - Relinking media is also important if you start with proxy footage and want to switch to online footage later. I realize that this sort of workflow is not really in LumaFusion's wheelhouse but as an editor on desktop systems I've grown accustomed to working this way.

@Dave - Thanks for your answer - I believe I will be able to use the zip packages to reorganize my projects. I am not at a point to try this so I will ask you a simple question - If I restore two projects from their respective zip files, does LumaFusion put the media from both projects into the same folder or does it create separate media folders for each project?

Thanks again.