Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:33 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:46 am 
Adept
Adept

This is not directly Luma Fusion related, but it greatly affects my use of Luma Fusion.

I am on my third 12” iPad Pro (2nd generation). I took the first one back when the touchscreen became periodically unresponsive. They gave me a second one (under warranty). The second one lasted close to a year before that touchscreen became unresponsive as well. I took it back as well, but they pointed out that there was a slight curve and that it had become bent slightly. They replaced this one as though it was user damaged for a small fee. With my third one, I was really careful trying to make sure that it never got packed tightly in a a case or anything that might make it bend. Anyway, after less than a year, the touchscreen on that one started to act up as well. By this time my two year Apple Care warranty had expired so I was just living with a screen that was less responsive.

Anyway, the good news is that the latest IOS update somehow fixed this and my iPad Pro is once again working perfectly! Working with Luma Fusion once again is a joy.

I’m just curious as to whether or not anyone else has shared this experience.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:55 pm 

My iPad Pro 2018 has the intermittent-touch problem. I keep the screen very clean, and device is in a rigid case with steel back, yet the touch-stopping has been happening more frequently. I bought in December 2018 and have Apple Care, so plenty of time, but what I'm actually finding is that it seems like it's app-specific. Google Chrome gets touch-stuck a lot, as does LumaFusion. Finger and Pencil2 both freeze up, but I can always drag up the dock and switch apps, even if LF or Chrome appear totally unresponsive. Keeping updated doesn't seem to make a difference. :-/

Rob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:20 pm 
Adept
Adept

IOS 13 was the first update to fix this. None of the IOS 12 updates made any difference.