Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:11 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

Post subject: Cover Page for Videos
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:57 am 
Expert
Expert

I’ve started adding a single frame length “cover” to the start of my travel videos. This serves 2 purposes. On the right it has a large text title that identifies the video when seen as a thumbnail in the Photos or Files apps.
On the left it has a text box which describes the video and can include some of the names and facts that are relevant but would be distracting in the video itself. This is very useful if you are sending the video to someone else. I considered including this in my videos as scrolling text but having it in the first frame only makes reading it optional, solves the reading speed problem and doesn’t use up valuable video time.
Because LumaFusion can’t wrap text I made a Shortcut to format text for the text box. Make sure you are happy with the text first because editing it in LumaFusion will mess up the word wrapping. https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/07f23b ... f9b95b1a9c
The LumaFusion template has two text boxes which you see in the attached screenshot. Note that the play button doesn’t obscure the text. The cover is inserted at the start of the video and when satisfactory is trimmed to a single frame length. This way when the play button is tapped the cover disappears and the video plays normally.

Attachments:
DA7D50B5-EF0F-400F-868B-55A63E8AFD53.jpeg
DA7D50B5-EF0F-400F-868B-55A63E8AFD53.jpeg [ 627.66 KiB | Viewed 609 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:11 pm 

Hey, thanks for that Shortcut, Mark. Very useful :)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:25 am 
Novice
Novice

Great idea Mark. It is difficult to recognise a thumbnail when the clip or project fades up from black. I’m just back from a trip to the Orkney Islands. Is your film on the internet?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:06 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hi Mark thanks for the tip, have picked up the short cut but afraid I must be missing something.

Kick of the shortcut, and my text, and say copy to LumaFusion. LumaFusion starts up but from there I get stuck, can’t find the text I have entered or how to add to my project. Where am I going wrong ? Would be grateful for you help.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:29 pm 
Expert
Expert

The shortcut copies the formatted text to the clipboard and you have to use paste to replace the text in LumaFusion. Sorry I should have said that.

With shortcuts it’s often a good idea to have a look at them in edit mode and check out the list of actions. It will give you a good idea of what exactly it does and how it does it. Be careful not to accidentally move something (which is easy to do without noticing - keep an eye on the undo button at the top). You can also duplicate a shortcut and try modifying it to suit. I like shortcuts and hope that one day we will have a bit more direct integration with LumaFusion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:21 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks Mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:21 am 

Interesting idea.