Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:48 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:43 pm 

This is the first thing I have edited in LumaFusion on the new iPad Pro. It takes of bit of getting use to the workflow, but I’m a fan.

Tech specs:

Panasonic GH5
4K UHD 60fps 4K, CINE-D
Converted to 24fps
Voightlander 40mm f/1.4 Leica M mount
Blue Kowa 16-H 2X Anamorphic Lens
Rapido FVD-16A

Filmed in Ginza, Tokyo.
Music is: Luster (Interlude) by Equalibrum

Last edited by whoisjsd on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:29 pm 
Novice
Novice

Most excellent video! I miss the days when I used to walk the streets of Tokyo, such an amazing place generally, and an excellent place to shoot. Great job. I also subscribed you your YT channel.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:32 am 

Is there a reason why my video won't embed no matter what I try? I'm not normally this much of an idiot...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:38 am 
Expert
Expert

Hi Howis,

Embed with use of

Their is a button in the header when you post it will be visible.

Or you can write code [youtube] put your youtube in here [/youtube]

Ps re IPP3 you bought did you buy the 6 Gigs of ram version ?

What work flow are you used to and how have you adapted to the IOS work flow, your methods and ideas welcome.

Also welcome to the group.

I like the video gave you a thumbs up.
Shooting in JP is fun, we have just back from Japan, traveling from north to south visiting family.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:11 pm 

Thanks, that did it. So weird.... I'm so use to it being instant and easy on other forums.

I have the 12.9 256 GB LTE version. Seems to handle everything very well.

For these I just imported from the SD card straight into Photos. I trimmed them and tagged them one by one and then added them to the timeline. I desqeezed the first one and then copied the attributes for the rest. I had to change the video speed by hand on each clip one by one, though.

I will do some more tests this week. I want to shoot a 6K Anamorphic video with sound and try an edit like that.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:00 am 
Expert
Expert

Hello Whosis JSD,

Not to worry I run a private forum and many of my students expect the video links to be automatic.
In the screen grab you can see youtube press here and if you have the youtube link already copied my preferred method is using a blue tooth keyboard CMD V to paste the link in between the [youtube] link.

I be interested if you could share more of your experiences using the Anamorphic equipment please.
Maybe start a new page topic in General.

Areas I like to know more about how it works, what you attached the lens to.
Would you swap this method from say LSR camera.

Regards Rob

PS so your preferred method is to trim clips while in app photo and tag with color in LF, or is all of this done in LF ? - The copy of speed and paste to next clip if you think this would help improve work flow do add the idea to the relative part of the forum. This is something i would very much like to have and save as a preset for future use. Link to area to post https://forums.luma-touch.com/viewforum.php?f=25

Attachments:
5AE7CCB0-7E09-43DF-A2E1-E5D3458B9B15.jpeg
5AE7CCB0-7E09-43DF-A2E1-E5D3458B9B15.jpeg [ 466.62 KiB | Viewed 109 times ]