Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:47 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:48 am 
Novice
Novice

Here is my second film which I have used Luma to edit, “Restoration of Sidna Allen House”. The home featured in this video is rather well known regionally here in Virginia, due to the murderous history of its designer and original owner, S. Allen, and for the crash of so many architectural styles in one house. The house is currently undergoing renovations by the local historical society.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:14 am 
Expert
Expert

Door scene.

Nice little flicker with black and white Lux,
You probably already know that you can save the effect out as a future preset.

Speeds editing up and also achieve files out to cloud or wifi drives for back up.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:42 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Door scene.

Nice little flicker with black and white Lux,
You probably already know that you can save the effect out as a future preset.

Speeds editing up and also achieve files out to cloud or wifi drives for back up.

Regards Rob
I’ve started making use of the user presets already and have had excellent results so far. A true time saver, as you mentioned. I’m very interested to know how to back up all my presets, possibly even my purchased LUTS I’ve imported from elsewhere, too. Is it simply an iTunes or iCloud backup or does it require a special user action in the app?

I installed this app originally on my iPhone X for quick edits on the go, but after seeing its potential, I promptly went out and bought an new iPad Pro. LUMA can change the lives of filmmakers of all stripes, that is they can change their workflow without looking their minds. While the app still has room for improvement (but don’t we all), I’m sure theat by adding a few more color grading features and a few other user interface tweaks, will cause Luma to continue its meteoric rise.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:20 am 
Expert
Expert

Hello Lux,

LumaFusion has come a long way in a short space of time, Their on a mission to mars and back.
From time to time LumaFusion will post a list of what you may like and then the winners poling the top win and later it be implemented in to new future LumaFusion releases.

Don’t ask for audio scrubbing:) this can cause issues from other members.

Not sure on your previous work flow Lux, but I suspect you were desktop environment.
So here go’s hope your sitting down, IOS is well not helpful in moving large files around.
With presets your ok easy backing up simple.

What I will try and do is make a simple video how to re install lost presets.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:31 am 
Novice
Novice

Dear Rob,

I am familiar with the pain in the a.., derrière, moving large files is within iOS. A few things have helped me overcome this in part:
1. A genuine Appple lighting-SD card adapter
2. Copying my footage to both my iOS device for editing, and later to my Mac at its external HDs for backups and storage
3. Make sure iCloud option for Photos is set to “Download and keep originals” in Settings

Well this does seem to be a short-term fix for editing short videos only, using iOS environment to create larger projects would be an absolute nightmare. So, I guess my dream of going totally mobile for editing is still a little way off. Sigh. I’ve spent enough of my life sitting behind a computer desk, but are use whatever tools necessary to get the job done.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:45 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Lux

If you haven't already seen it, have a look at this

https://t.co/Op5XZgjOQl

There are a couple of hints of 'things to come' that might help you

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:35 pm 
Expert
Expert

Thank you Lux,

For the tip on iCloud photo, did not know about this.
If it helps any on larger projects I mirror to tv screen and use a keyboard to jump around the edits on the time line.

Knobby Dave thank you for the video link, are you perhaps indicating towards xml and Gnarbox for importing trimmed selection of video ?

(wd cannot do In and Outs, just entire clips)

Interesting that Terri speaks about productivity with other users who are on the move.
For most this probably not help as we would not associate our selfs with a traveling person across remote areas while recording as in the video that Dave posted. ( I travel teach people to fly, editing on the fly helps me)

But watching and listening to the video reminded me of the recent personal trip to Japan IE not work.
I edited during the flight with noise cancelling headphones, besides cabin crew I was last off the 13 hr flight.

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:38 pm 
Expert
Expert

Ps Lux,

The new IPP you recently purchased was it the 6 Gigs of RAM version ?

Regards Rob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:06 pm 
Adept
Adept

Just a comment on the art side. I thought it would be better if the long view aerials were more at the start to set the scene so to speak. We sometimes get hung up on the tech side but the composition is probably more important to discuss albeit more difficult and a matter of opinion. Pretty hard that aspect but in fact is all the ordinary viewer sees.

Having said that your shots and flow are great!