Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:13 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:08 am 

Just looking for opinions on each to help make an educated purchase. These seem to be the top 2 choices.
I see a few forum posts mentioning each app and I wanted to get a good idea of which one is used more and why.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:00 am 
Novice
Novice

I use EMULSIO and Deshake.

If you have edited your project and then stabilize the clips used in that project, LF can not read the stabilized clip coming from Emulsio and you have a black video.
Imovie read the clip without problem.
Developpers from LF and EMULSION where informed of this problem.
If you stabilize before editing your project : no problem with LF.

If you use Deshake, you don’t have this problem, but Deshake is less flexible.

Now you have all the informations to decide ;)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:54 pm 
Adept
Adept

Emulsio has more options than Deshake but in practice I’ve never found them to give any better results. Deshake has a less sophisticated interface but does a good job quickly and you can be confident that it won’t degrade your video noticeably. Deshake also does a better job of minimising general wandering which for me is more disturbing than shaking.
I do wish there was a stabiliser that allowed you to select the subject to be stabilised. Maybe LumaFusion will do this one day.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:33 pm 

Just have a look at the output size of a clip processed in EMULSIO.

On average it is half the size of the original input even if you just pass through the signal at 0% without any stabilization added at all.

Now you can draw your own conclusion about compression or bit-rate ‘post EMULSIO’...