Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun May 20, 2018 6:48 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.2 is now available on the App Store. This feature release includes integration with Gnarbox, and numerous improvements to the library and import and export providers

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

Post subject: Keyframing Speed
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:39 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hi, LumaFolks!

I hope that by now it goes without saying how much I love this app; you've brought desktop power to the iPad and iPhone and it's AWESOME.

That said, here's another request. I'd love to be able to keyframe speed changes in a clip. I know this may be difficult -- if not impossible -- to implement on iOS, but if it is possible, it would be terribly cool. Here's why I'd like to see it:

I'm building some special effects shots of spaceships flying by using Iyan 3D Pro. Iyan doesn't allow one to ease into or out of keyframes (as LumaFusion doesn't, but you've said ease-in/ease-out is on the list of features coming), so if I'd like my spaceship to slow to a halt, I'm not able to make that happen. I render the spaceship elements moving much slower than their final motion will be, and I speed the clip up in LumaFusion. If I could ramp the speed from 3x to 1x, that would allow me to get my ship to gradually slow down.

Here's a link to a low-res animated GIF of some shots that I've created using LumaFusion, Bricolage, Procreate, and Iyan 3D Pro: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wuh5jpmurinzl ... 1.gif?dl=0

Other uses would be taking footage shot at 120 or 240 FPS, playing it initially at 1x, but ramping it down to 1/10 speed, and then back up to 1x for some "bullet time" kind of moments. I know that cutting from a full-speed to can be done by splitting the clip, but the transition from normal speed to slow-mo is instantant and not quite as cool.

This is a pie-in-the-sky feature request, but I thought I'd at least ask for it!

Again, thanks for this awesome application!

- Dex

Post subject: Re: Keyframing Speed
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:01 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks Dex

Wow! that is a terrific animation, thanks for sharing that.

I've put in a feature request for the key framing of speed. I don't know when it might become available as a feature but at some point it will.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:26 am 
Adept
Adept

Awesome! You all ROCK!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:47 pm 

I'd like to second this request. It would be really cool to use keyframes to ramp speed up and down gradually, rather than having an abrupt speed-up/down cut. I have a new drone on order and already have some shots in mind where I'd make good use of this feature. (I'm a new Luma Fusion user, btw, and am loving it so far!) Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:38 pm 

same here. Great app so far.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:20 pm 

Yes please!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:54 am 

Hello everyone!

Is this something that the new 1.5 release adds? I remember reading somewhere on this forum that this version was supposed to add the ability to do speed ramps, though I cannot find the post anymore, and I was not able to find how to do it in the interface.

Also, thanks to the team for their amazing work!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:39 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi cwis

Not in 1.5.1

It is on the ‘to do’ list though (not testing yet)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:35 pm 

Quote:
Hi cwis

Not in 1.5.1

It is on the ‘to do’ list though (not testing yet)
Thanks for your feedback! Fingers crossed this feature will land soon!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:39 am 

Ramp speed yes please!