Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:57 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:06 pm 

Hi all,

It's pretty much now a given these days that LF will bomb out for the first few attempts to export out a completed project.

I'm using an iPad 6th Gen/128Gb model, usually with at least 20-30Gb free. I only load on the media I need for a project, then wipe the lot before starting the next one. Currently running iPadOS 14.0.1 with LF 2.4 however the issue has been present in earlier versions.

My projects are generally 10-20 min long timelines, maybe 100-250 clips of primarily 4K/24p iPhone 11Pro footage with a smattering of 60fps slow mo and 1080p Insta360 reframed video. Only the latter get graded. Otherwise pretty simple... minimal transitions (generally hard cuts, fades are used sparingly), a few lower third graphics and text and 2-3 concurrent audio tracks with minimal processing (volume, LFC and auto ducking). (check the link in my sig for examples of what I'm producing).

Crashes were rare when exporting to 1080p however have increased now since I began outputing in 4K. Anything above 50Mbps rarely makes it through export unless the timeline is short. I often find I have to export as .MOV instead of .MP4. This morning I found I had to export to Files rather than Photos in order for the process to complete without crashing. This after several restarts of LM and rebooting of the iPad itself.

Am I simply just reaching the processing limit of a (granted) older iPad working with 4K H.265 footage? LM itself definitely gets a little slower as my timelines breach the 15 min mark and occasionally require the app to be cleared and restarted.

Cheers, Ben.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Try to optimise and consolidate your project before export

Try the Prefer Alternate Export option on preferences

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:21 pm 

Thanks Dave, that worked in the end :-)

It did create another issue though, by (I'm assuming) recopying all the assets and saving them separately on the iPad internal storage, and basically taking up the lion's share of my remaining storage which made actually exporting the final product kinda tricky.

Can you please explain exactly what happens during a consolidate/optimise, where the files end up being moved/copied too, and where existing media can be deleted to save duplication of assets? I did a whole heap of rooting around in the LumaFusion folder and honestly it was a bit confusing to know what was being actively used by the project.

Cheers, Ben.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:10 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Ben

That’s one for the developers

Can you contact them at the address above and include a link to this thread