Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:05 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:33 am 
Master
Master

These are just ideas that I thought may be of some use to you it’s not so much the flying, but it’s utilising Harnessing the iPad the app

I’ve used Procreate to draw, record the screen and then edit this out in the in the LumaFusion.
So it might be something that you could use in your work if you’re self-employed.

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:29 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Maybe use a bigger pen Rob and edit out the changing colour bit? Great work though and intriguing. Tell me: If the pilot has normal 3D vision (stereo depth perception) can he/she see the land contour without looking for curved lines or are you too high for this to work?

Just another thought. Your intros and finishes are very well done and enjoyable when first watched but if your students are watching lots of your videos they might prefer them to be very brief. I suspect however that you keep them entertained with new ones!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:33 pm 
Master
Master

Hello Mark,

Thank you for the feed back I rarely get anything other than a thumbs up or thumbs down with no explanation as to why.

Freeflight's Schools private channel RTV, I can talk more openly with clients, but even here it is difficult to find what works best with people.

In regards to videos I never do a rehearsal, it is always and has been in one take recording.
Bigger pen is a good idea, here I just see it from an tablets view, IE close up or lean forwards :)
So I take that on board draw bigger, the editing in the video live so nothing edited out.

Great question mark "3D vision (stereo depth perception"

On the hills I say look at that thermal students.
My students often look at me, ask are you making it all up that thermal where ?
Post Pilot pro students say Rob can see the air in a different way to others.

I told a recent students I wear these special glasses and he can buy a pair only 500 quid.
He said where can I buy.

I replied no I was only joking, I see what maybe student what you have yet to learn. (bird sits on a lamp post into wind, now you know the wind direction, use watch hands for marking out south, your neck of the woods Mark is opposite.)

I do have extra cone rods, so colours to my eye's are different to other peoples eyes.
apparently I also see 165 images per every 3 seconds in a test I did years ago.
I can mental map images and colours very quickly I known that for a while, just thought everyone else did the same.

Air like water it moves dances, you just have to see what is in front of you.
The land has shapes and I often take students on foot to corn fields and ask them to wait.
I then point out the corn starts to move and they actually can see a thermal movement in progress.
Sometimes you might mistaken the movement of the corn for a wild animal.

The curves of land are just a key illustration to the observer.
Once you have a reference to work with you go much deeper angles of shade.
April for an example `NW slope in shade until 10.37 hrs then sun will do its work and convection takes place on the horse frost.

So contours you're not see at say 4 G above take off, shades and different colours of spectrum you can see if you know what you're looking for.

Kind of a black art in a way, I have just studied the air and sea all my life.
Give me a road map I am lost, ask me the way by images I can tell you the route in fine details.

Not sure if I have answered your questions Mark ?

The intros are fun I make all these in LF in spare moments.
You are right though need to keep them short snappy like an advert on TV all done in 30 seconds.
The private videos not public, I generally have hello rob, no intro's.

Advertising a difficult arena to be in, at heart I am just a teacher not business man.
Love my job love my clients.

One student now in Switzerland flying from mountain to mountain see how far he can travel in 7 days. No car involved feet and a glider.

I should be there really, but that thing virus giving us all grieve now days.
He might be there for a little while longer

Attachments:
PHOTO-2020-08-21-12-07-06.jpg
PHOTO-2020-08-21-12-07-06.jpg [ 135.54 KiB | Viewed 238 times ]

Rob Chisholm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:06 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Very interesting Rob although I suppose it has nothing to do with video editing. Sorry people. Yes I know that with experience you can read landforms by just seeing them rather than figuring them out.

A later thought I had was that moving through the air also gives you height clues from the parallax effect (where nearer things cross your field of vision faster than more distant things). Having done a lot of orienteering I’ve learnt to appreciate land forms from closer up!

Maybe you could sell a lot of £500 glasses but tell them they require 500 hours of flying to calibrate. :D