Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.3.2 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 5:00 am 
Novice
Novice

I love LumaFusion, but editing on an iPhone is very difficult. For those of us with very low Internet speeds and data caps, FiLMiC Pro's biggest advantage is that it can record directly to the iPhone, rather than to the Photos app and hence to iCloud. But then you still have the problem of transferring the file from the iPhone to the iPad for editing. You cannot use Airdrop, because any video file transferred that way to an iPad is copied to the iPad’s Photos app, and then up to iCloud.

At the recent mobile creator summit, Glenn Mulcahy mentioned in passing that one could connect an iPhone to an iPad Pro with a USB-C to lightning connector, and make a transfer. Is this true, and if so, how does it work? Does each device see the "on my iPhone" and "on my iPad" entries in the files app, or what?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:39 am 
Novice
Novice

Well, no one was evidently able to answer this question, so I called Apple. I got a senior advisor to say that you cannot transfer files from an iPhone to an iPad via cable "yet". So maybe someday. In the meantime, the workflow is to download the video to a thumb drive and move it from the thumb drive to the iPad. Dongle hell, but at least it works!

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 1:07 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do you know that you can share a photo from the photos app to the files app which will allow you to store it on your device.
Haven’t tried it when photos are being stored in the cloud, but I’m guessing you can request a full size version before sharing.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 5:20 pm 

OK, I have a solution for you. In the photos App hit the share button and save to files. I created a folder on my phone called Local Temp. Open the files app and long press the file or tap then hit the 3 dots. Click compress and it will create a zip file. Then you can share that zip via airdrop to your ipad and the ipad will ask for a folder to place it. Then unzip and import into LF.

Jerry

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2020 8:49 am 

The previous solution also works well, but this is also interesting. Go to the files app and than to the FiLMic Pro folder. Hold the file and select copy. Open the files app on the iPad and paste it to any location available there, even an external SSD or USB drive. A “Paste from iPhone from [name]” window will appear. This works even if you are not connected to an access point. :)

Attachments:
700A28F5-4C0F-45D0-88DF-D09D5D91257A.jpeg
700A28F5-4C0F-45D0-88DF-D09D5D91257A.jpeg [ 23.61 KiB | Viewed 2746 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:57 am 

I have had issues with copy and paste with multiple large video files but that probably works well with single or just a couple files.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:33 pm 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
OK, I have a solution for you. In the photos App hit the share button and save to files. I created a folder on my phone called Local Temp. Open the files app and long press the file or tap then hit the 3 dots. Click compress and it will create a zip file. Then you can share that zip via airdrop to your ipad and the ipad will ask for a folder to place it. Then unzip and import into LF.

Jerry
That is very clever Jerry! I will give it a try. But I’ve also found that as long as you have the right dongles, it’s not that hard to move things using a flash drive.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:50 pm 

So, not sure if I can post a link to a video in here (don’t want to get banned, i like it here), but I posted a video on YouTube today talking about 4 ways to transfer files between iOS devices so you can see it in action.

You can search Jerry Schulze and find me. The Video is called “ Copy files from iPhone to iPad | How to Move files between iOS devices | Connect USB Drive to iPhone”.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Jesaf00

Add a post with a link to the video

If it’s not suitable I can delete it

Let’s have a look

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:27 pm 

Thanks Dave, here is a video about copying files between iOS devices that may help.

https://youtu.be/uYKrbhvlOFA

Quote:
Hi Jesaf00

Add a post with a link to the video

If it’s not suitable I can delete it

Let’s have a look