Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:50 am

All times are UTC-07:00

To contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.4 is now available in the App Store

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:43 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Please can someone help.

I have just finished my first project, it is 53 mins long and all about Art Therapy. Many images, inserted videos with green screen keyed out, transitions everywhere...have spent every day and night til 3:00am putting this together and it is supposed to be helping me (personally too after suffering depression) to help others thru this lockdown pandemic to get creative.

I feel quite down about it all now so some help would be truly appreciated :(

My first export was at full 1080p. I shot all the footage on an older iPhone 5s but it all worked beautifully tbh. Never had any crashing or issues while creating and editing, bringing in images and clips from Google Drive and from my photos app etc... I have attached the screenshot of the error message. I also have some iPad filmed screens showing me working in Procreate and I have speeded these clips up a wee bit.

Original settings were 1080p 30 fps
Video Quality I set to Web (6Mbps) bcos it said there wasn't enough space free originally to render out @ Standard. (I had 16GB free on iPad Air 1 when I originally went to process this btw)
For Standard (24Mbps) Export Info was reading;

Space needed for export 20.42 GB
File Size (estimated) 10.21 GB

This didn't work. So I then set the output to lowest on everything, still no joy? And at this time I had more space free.

So, having got the error screen a second time, I hit the Optimise button and waited. It said successfully optimised, but now, since I have made two attempts at different settings AND optimised all the footage and pictures etc.. I seem to have somehow lost LOTS of space on the iPad? In Settings/iPad Storage LumaFusion is now reading 19.02GB of space usage? I am almost 100% positive that before any projects were attempted to be exported, LumaFusion in space usage was around 12GB?

So, even if I now set the export to lower settings, I only have 3GB of space left!? The readings are, '28.9GB of 32 Used' in iPad Storage, so why is this and how can I fix it? Has Fusion rendered 'something' when it failed to export and saved it somewhere, therefore chewing-up my iPad space? If so, how do I find it and how to delete without messing up my project now? :(

I also have not backed-up anything anywhere, but from my understanding, it copies all files to folders under the app, but, I would very much like to back-up all the project and files to Google Drive (have plenty of free space on there) incase something goes wrong?

If I purchase an external drive, is it possible to export the movie to the drive? Am I just having free space issues on the iPad do you think?

I have ordered a new iPad Pro And Apple Pencil. I am NOT going to let this fist error stop me in my tracks as I Absolutely LOVE the app, it is very easy to us and I want to go in this direction so I desperately need some help here to re-affirm my faith in it for my new work flow. For many years been a Premiere user, even rendered-out some small clips with green bground so I could key them into the movie so it looks like different clips are playing on my iPad on the table in front of me as I talk about my art project (which is what these films will be about, this is only episode 1).

So, How can I free-up space after these projects seemed to NOT export? 'Something' has used up the extra space on my iPad? I want to be able to test a new export now as I have 'Optimised' all the footage/files, but it seems I cant As there is now not enough space free to do anything, not even a very low res export? So any help would be very welcome because I so desperately want to get this project uploaded to a special Art Therapy Group on Facebook and was really hoping to do that in next day or so..

Is it possible to upload/save my project and all files to Google Drive and somehow share this someone so they can do a test export? Just to see if it's an issue at my end? I know that seems like a lot to ask and I certainly don't really want to pass my work out to just 'anyone' to own, so little bit apprehensive about asking tha question and apologies if it sounds bit cheeky.

And finally: (and sorry for long post btw! :) )
If it IS possible to export movies out to an external drive from both this iPad Air 1 iOS 12.4.6 and then also, the new iPad Pro I have ordered, could someone please suggest a decent product?

Thnk you SO much for ANY help anyone can give me, I am feeling pretty stressed about this and that is a shame - all things considered re this project! Because to be really honest with you, I was SO excited about sharing this project even here as I am very proud of how it all looks...I just cant seem to get a finished copy out and that is a shame now..

Sincerely,
Beej

Attachments:
image.png
image.png [ 685.91 KiB | Viewed 674 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Beej

Why don't you export a LumaFusion Project Package using Full Original Media to your Google drive

(I would do it twice with different names for such an important project)

You can then delete stuff from within Luma Fusion to free up the space you need

Then import the previously exported project from Google drive

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:27 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Hi Beej

Why don't you export a LumaFusion Project Package using Full Original Media to your Google drive

Hi Dave and thank you for your response, very much appreciated.

I will give that a go. Once I have exported the full original media, what should I safely remove? That is the bit that worries me mate :)

Thank you. I will try this now as I assume it will take some time?
Sincerely,

Beej

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:43 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Hi Beej

Just a quick question Dave: I have 214 GB free on Google Drive and the Project Package is 6.35GB but, if you look at the screenshot attached, I am getting a yellow warning ! Sign. Is this because if Fusion copies to Drive it will also want to copy to Google Drive on my iPad? It seems my space has been all chewed-up by Fusion and so I am not sure I can even do this?

Thnks Dave :)
Attachment:
38BCDF91-035A-491E-A7FC-DA71A5458A83.png
38BCDF91-035A-491E-A7FC-DA71A5458A83.png [ 217.11 KiB | Viewed 669 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:16 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It means you haven't got enough space on your iThing to create the archive before exporting it

Ok ...

Do you have other projects on the go that you also want to keep (hopefully not)

If you do, you will need to be careful what you chose to delete (in other words .. don't blame me ;) )

First try the Cleanup options from the Settings menu

This will automatically try to clean up:
Temporary Files
Cached Media
All Cached Media

Try exporting the project archive

Using the 'Files' app navigate to the LumaFusion directory on my iThing
You will see several directories that should have media in them - only you will know what to keep and what to delete

If you're still stuck you could try exporting the project using 'trimmed media' which is smaller but only gives you a couple of seconds around each clip

Just take care and double/treble check what you are deleting

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:30 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

≈≈
Quote:
It means you haven't got enough space on your iThing to create the archive before exporting it

Ok ...

Do you have other projects on the go that you also want to keep (hopefully not)

If you do, you will need to be careful what you chose to delete (in other words .. don't blame me ;) )

First try the Cleanup options from the Settings menu

This will automatically try to clean up:
Temporary Files
Cached Media
All Cached Media

Try exporting the project archive

Using the 'Files' app navigate to the LumaFusion directory on my iThing
You will see several directories that should have media in them - only you will know what to keep and what to delete

If you're still stuck you could try exporting the project using 'trimmed media' which is smaller but only gives you a couple of seconds around each clip

Just take care and double/treble check what you are deleting
Well, I tried just now to export the package...it crashed about quarter way thru, first time the app has ever done (and this is the first and only project I have worked!) I opened the app again and was asked to choose a project I was last working on, that was easy enough, selected my project, this was the screen
Attachment:
F1A849D6-06AD-4ED8-891B-330F6E097ABB.png
F1A849D6-06AD-4ED8-891B-330F6E097ABB.png [ 168.57 KiB | Viewed 649 times ]
So I chose the top one as was working on this last at 3:00 am-ish. I then got this view in the app..
Attachment:
0490B279-8C8C-451B-8615-9B63ECF1EE0C.png
0490B279-8C8C-451B-8615-9B63ECF1EE0C.png [ 1.28 MiB | Viewed 649 times ]
I am in a different window/view as I now have no timeline?
Getting seriously worried now :(

Thanks for your assistance, really appreciated Dave
Beej

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Painting Noah 1 opt is an optimised version of Painting Noah which will have duplicated/optimised all the data thus taking up even more space

Assuming you haven't deleted anything yet, you 'should' be able to delete the Painting Noah 1 opt project

If that is the case and you are able to delete it (NOT the original project) you can then try the cleanup options

(I see from your screen grab that Painting Noah 1 opt has 155 files in it)

You are clearly desperately short of space

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 7:14 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Painting Noah 1 opt is an optimised version of Painting Noah which will have duplicated/optimised all the data thus taking up even more space

Assuming you haven't deleted anything yet, you 'should' be able to delete the Painting Noah 1 opt project

If that is the case and you are able to delete it (NOT the original project) you can then try the cleanup options

Thanks Dave :)

Yes, will be pleased if I can upload this after a clean-up! At least I will have the new iPad Pro in a couple of weeks.. maybe I will just have to wait? I dunno? Bcos if I clean-up and it still doesn't work, Im not sure what to do?

So, for now then, I will delete the ‘optimised’ project, yes?
Then I will try the clean-up
Then try to remove any other apps I don't need or any files etc
Then do a package export to Google Drive.

Once I am at that stage, I may then try to export the movie again, later tonight.

What happens when the app ‘optimises’ all the included files then? Would like to know that bcos it asked me to do it so thought I would try that...but, with a sever lack of space, I guess trying anything is almost out of the question.

What about buying an external drive Dave? Would I be able to export to that instead?

But just on the project window in the screenshot - am I in a different window?

Thanks Dave, really do appreciate your help and I am determined to get this sorted! :)

Beej

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:27 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi again Beej

"So, for now then, I will delete the ‘optimised’ project, yes?
Then I will try the clean-up
Then try to remove any other apps I don't need or any files etc
Then do a package export to Google Drive.

Once I am at that stage, I may then try to export the movie again, later tonight."

... Yes ... but take your time doing it

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 10:39 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:

Hi Dave,

I have decided to go thru ALL media files in ‘Files’ and I have a question, in Files>LumaFusion>LibraryMedia>Photo Library I seem to have a duplicated copy of this file, ‘IMG_0311.mov’ which is the main footage I shot from the iPhone 5s to edit. (I shot this in one 53min take after rehearsing several times as I wanted just one piece of footage to work with/edit on this first project). Then, add other smaller clips, images, older bits of video etc, which I have done, successfully (well, I thought anyways!)

The actual clip file size is 5.17GB and as you can see from screenshot below, we have a suspect duplicate!
Attachment:
77E74EF5-3AFB-4C0D-B908-51EDCA2B5521.png
77E74EF5-3AFB-4C0D-B908-51EDCA2B5521.png [ 1.06 MiB | Viewed 485 times ]
I plan on going thru the project meticulously tonight, try to see what needs to be deleted, but I think I can start with this one because the ‘main’ clip on the timeline is ‘IMG_0311.mov’ and NOT ‘IMG_0311.mov-1’and I do not know why there is a duplicate? But at 5.17GB, it needs to be gotten rid of! I am half way there then to solving my issues I think?

The next screenshot is me doing a search for files with this name. You can see that the one at the top is the one I have used in the timeline, but there is another one showing below this which says ‘mono’?
I purchsed Brusfree to edit my sound and exported (originally) just the whole clip from Fusion and tried to open in Brusfree to edit, but it was way too long and kept crashing the app. In the end, I opened on the iMac in Quicktime, exported Audio Only, opened in Audacity and ran the Noise filter which did a great job. So the ‘Main’ soundtrack (which I brought in and re-aligned manually) is named ‘PaintingNoah1ALL SOUND CORRECT’ this is my main audio. All other clips were muted.
Attachment:
815B2F79-55FE-471F-ABBF-DD78DDD89963.png
815B2F79-55FE-471F-ABBF-DD78DDD89963.png [ 1.63 MiB | Viewed 485 times ]
I hope this makes sense? I am going to delete this copied .mov file, delete the Optimised folder and then start the clean-up and Then (hopefully) I can upload/save project package to Google Drive (phew!)
Wish me luck mate!

Speak ltrs
Beej