Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:06 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Post subject: Changing my backup copy?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:00 am 

Hi, I’m really new to this but it’s been going really well until recently when I’ve needed to make backups of my projects. I just duplicate the project, give it another name and then go to work. But any changes I make are applied to both projects. Why? This is exactly what I don’t need. I lost a lot of my editing and need to redo hours of work.

How can i fix this so it doesn’t happen again? Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi Galimatias

Welcome to the forum

Your description sounds fine, that's how I do it

You will need to open your new 'duplicate' project before you can edit it otherwise you will be editing your original project

If you keep the default names your original project will be called 'My project' and when you duplicate it the new project will be given the default name of 'My project 1'. If you wish to keep working on the original you need to make sure you have 'My project' open

I cannot recreate what you have reported. I agree it is what you don't need and there would be no point in doing it

Can you show any grabs of your workflow (the description sounds fine, but maybe you've missed something)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:24 pm 

Yes, I will show you it’s very strange. I don’t get it. Let me go see if I can recreate it and send screengrabs or even a little movie. But also made me think when I am editing in this project and cutting something, it just leaves a huge blank space. I would like when I cut out a clip for the one to the right to move over so there’s no blank space. Does that make sense?

Say I have a 30 sec movie with three different clips (15 sec, 5 sec, 10 sec) and I decide I don’t want the second one anymore so I cut it out, shouldn’t the ten second clip then be right next to the first clip?
But what’s happening is I have all this space and I’m having to move all my clips and it’s taking a really long time bc I have layers on some of them.

Ok I’m going to go see if I can recreate the other thing. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. 💕

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If you want to gaps to close automatically then put your video on track 1 (the middle one)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:16 pm 

Oh thankfully it’s working again. I got rid of the cache.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:18 pm 

The gaps are working again. I don’t know if am still having that same problem with the projects yet. Sorry give me a bit. Thank you.