Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:48 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Where are you exporting it to?

What happens if you export it to the Rendered Movies folder?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:49 pm 
Novice
Novice

Same thing happens. Doesn’t matter where it’s saving to, the file is huge. It takes 45 mins to create the file and then this screen shows up. Over 52,000mb. Then it starts to upload to either a drive or internal folder, wherever I specify.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If I were you, I’d contact support directly with that one. They may want to look at your project. It may help debugging

Edit: have you tried consolidating the project first, does that make any difference?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:57 am 
Novice
Novice

Hi Dave. I will try the consolidate and optimize. If that doesn’t work I will contact support. Thank you for all your help. I will post any changes here in case others are having the same issue.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:09 pm 
Novice
Novice

Huzzah!

That did it! I discovered what the issue may be. After clicking the Optimize and Consolidate and letting LF convert the files to mp4s, the export to .spryzip worked as expected. Seems that LF would not convert the raw .mov files during the export even though I believe it should.

The original files recorded in Filmic Pro are .mov files.

If saving .mp4 files, it works. If the .mov files are not converted first, exporting to .spryzip LF tries to save the raw .mov files to .spryzip creating a huge file, even when choosing the trimmed export version.

Version 1.7 must have done it during the export but v2 doesn’t seem to.

Anyway, this seems to work by first creating an optimized file first. Saved to the external drive just fine and at the expected file size.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad it worked, but you shouldn’t have to do that .. but it worked

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:25 am 
Novice
Novice

---UPDATE---

So this has been working fine with shorter projects. I now have an issue with longer projects.

I am editing a 23 minute video of a brewery tour. Now when I want to optimize and consolidate I get an error message that LF need 328GB of free space and your iPad ony has 130GB of space.

My iPad is only a 256 to begin with.

So while the Optimize and Consolidate prior to exporting a .spryzip works for shorter videos, it's not a work around for longer projects.

I'm sending an email with a link to this thread to Luma Touch Support so they are aware of the exporting issue. Hopefully it gets resolved in the next update or two.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:24 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great

Let us know how you get on

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:55 pm 
Novice
Novice

--UPDATE--

I have been running the beta from the LumaFusion Team and have not had these previous issues. So far it seems to handle the spryzip export like Version 1.7. I've exported 6 or 7 videos directly to the Sandisk iXpand drive and the file size was accurate and the upload speed was as expected. No issues in the file size blowing up.

So far, so good on the beta.

I haven't tried the XML Export function because I don't have FCP, but it's there :)

I'm also not a Frame.io user, but that's also there.