Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:38 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:51 pm 
Novice
Novice

I got the iPad Pro to edit slow motion sports videos I record with my iPhone 8 Plus.

Airdrop (iPhone to iPad Pro) permanently bakes the slow motion end points (beginning, end) into the video file and turns it into a normal video with static speed.

I wouldn’t mind losing the slow-mo beginning & end point of each video but I need the high frame rate to slow it down in Luma Fusion.

How do I prevent this loss of data during a transfer and preserve the ability to change speed?

Do I have to transfer to an external HD first and import from there to the iPad?

I’ve seen several year old suggestions to drag in the two randomly applied slow-mo endpoints before transfer but I can’t do it manually for hundreds of files. Any up-to-date tips?

Thanks, folks!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi robmn

Does this happen if you save them to iCloud from your phone and then drag them into LF on your iPad rather than Airdrop them?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:28 pm 
Novice
Novice

I don’t have an iCloud.

It’s obviously an issue with iOS, not Luma Fusion but I figured Luma Fusion for iPad users might know more about this than the average iPhone/iPad user. I assume more people record on iPhone than the iPad itself. Is there an official recommended workflow?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mmmm

It looks like ‘it’s an Apple thing’

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204064

I don’t know if this will change at all with ios13

Maybe someone else can shout up with a workaround but I can’t think of one at the moment

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:52 pm 
Novice
Novice

Assuming that dragging in the end points for the slow mo part of each video does the trick, maybe there is an app or siri shortcut to do this for a batch of files on the iPhone.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:08 am 

Everyone can have iCloud, it’s available to anyone with an apple device. You get 5gb storage free. The transfer times will be long, but if you keep everything at full resolution you should get the same thing on your iPad that you have on your iPhone. Syncing can happen automatically over WiFi, so at least by the next day you should have all your files available.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:58 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks for the tip but I don’t upload GBs of slow motion videos to a server somewhere in the world just so I can have it on a device right next to the one it was recorded on.

First thing I do when buying an iOS device is turning off iCloud.

I’ll post when I found a solution.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:39 am 
Novice
Novice

Have you tried transfering via AirDrop? It works on almost all recent iPhones and iPads.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:57 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Have you tried transfering via AirDrop? It works on almost all recent iPhones and iPads.
Yes I used Airdrop from iOS 12 latest version on iPhone 8 Plus to iOS 12 latest version on iPad Pro (2018).

The slow motion in/out points got permanently baked into the video. It turned into a standard video that features slow content, not an adjustable high frame rate video that can be set to slow motion during editing.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:25 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Quote:
Yes I used Airdrop from iOS 12 latest version on iPhone 8 Plus to iOS 12 latest version on iPad Pro (2018).

The slow motion in/out points got permanently baked into the video. It turned into a standard video that features slow content, not an adjustable high frame rate video that can be set to slow motion during editing.
thats a shame.
Maybe iOS 13 will solve this. For now you could try another camera app. There are plenty!
Won’t help you for now, I realize that.

Regards, Don