Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:51 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:35 pm 
Novice
Novice

I know it’s hard for others to pass judgment on a good size as everyone has different sizes and workloads on how they use it. I was wondering from the community here on what size iPad you currently have.

On fence between 256 and 512gb, the $200 price difference is pretty steep. For $100 I would just do it. I am not one to upgrade very often as this is replacing the original iPad Air.
So figured over time and not being so stressed over memory and storing music and intros on iPad to use for Lumafusion would be good idea.

Or spend money on a wireless SSD instead or wireless hub like ravpower and a solid state drive.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:27 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

My pro’s a 256

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:55 am 
Novice
Novice

I'd wait if you can until after Apple's WWDC announcements then decide. iOS 13 is rumored to support external storage. If true, that would make a huge difference for apps like Luma Fusion. Right now, wireless drives work ok but tend to be slow, a bit clunky, and still require you to transfer media to the device.

If you do need a solution right away, get the extra space. File sizes are increasing as more features like 10bit, 4K 60P, etc. are being used...so you're more future-proofed. Plus, if you search around for sales from Best Buy or B&H, or, are willing to get an Apple-refurbished device, you might be able to get the extra space for the same price.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:07 pm 
Adept
Adept

I would never go for anything below the maximum available size. Yeah the price difference is unfair. I just bought a super fast 512GB micro SD card for my wife’s Chromebook for about $140. You need the space though and you can’t add it later. I would fork over the extra $200.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:55 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Come September with IpadOS 13 you will be able to plug in any USB hard drive, so the size of the iPad storage isn’t going to be so important anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:58 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi brousseb

You're kinda right, but you will still need free space for the project and the render etc

Looks like IOS 13 is going to bring some big improvements all round

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:04 pm 

Quote:
Hi brousseb

You're kinda right, but you will still need free space for the project and the render etc

Looks like IOS 13 is going to bring some big improvements all round
I recall that iMovie allows a project to be created & developed entirely on an external device... could this also be possible given the files management changes on iPadOS?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:32 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Too early to say at the moment