Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:19 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:52 am 

Hi everyone

I am new to these forums, i've come here to see if anyone has a solution to adjusting white balance on their videos.

I have numerous underwater snorkeling videos taken in Oahu and Maui ( recorded via gopro).

However i note that there is no white balance feature on Luma Touch.

From what i can gather ( as i haven't been able to find it) is that Imovie on the Ipad also does not have a white balance adjustment feature.

Does anyone have a workaround ? maybe another app that i can adjust white balance in then import them back into Luma? I dont have access to a Mac as mine is an old 2010 version and would struggle with the rendering.

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:06 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi, I do a lot of scuba diving video (which requires a lot of manual white balance correction in post). You should be able to get very good results by using red/green/blue sliders (more red if your footage is blue, more magenta if your footage is green) in the "Color and Effects" tab. If you don't see them, just select the "original" item first. If you want more contrast, you can adjust the Gamma slider to the right.

That should work fine for snorkelling depths. You can copy and paste the changes from one clip to the rest, or create a LUT/Favorite.

For more heavy correction (deeper depths) I did the correction in Davinci Resolve (free version), saved the corrections as a LUT and imported that LUT into LumaFusion. I can then make more corrections in LF, but I have a good baseline.

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:15 am 

Quote:
Hi, I do a lot of scuba diving video (which requires a lot of manual white balance correction in post). You should be able to get very good results by using red/green/blue sliders (more red if your footage is blue, more magenta if your footage is green) in the "Color and Effects" tab. If you don't see them, just select the "original" item first. If you want more contrast, you can adjust the Gamma slider to the right.

That should work fine for snorkelling depths. You can copy and paste the changes from one clip to the rest, or create a LUT/Favorite.

For more heavy correction (deeper depths) I did the correction in Davinci Resolve (free version), saved the corrections as a LUT and imported that LUT into LumaFusion. I can then make more corrections in LF, but I have a good baseline.

Hope that helps.
Thank you!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:45 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Here is a before and after shot of what I do in LumaFusion:
Attachment:
4B7F7E5C-2367-4136-A671-08A99CC774A2.jpeg
4B7F7E5C-2367-4136-A671-08A99CC774A2.jpeg [ 1.64 MiB | Viewed 1173 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:41 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi brousseb

I wouldn't use it personally as I don't scuba dive :) but is the anywhere you could upload that and provide a link so others could use it?

Looks like a useful LUT for what you are doing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:55 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sure, The Dropbox link is below. They are fairly specific to my camera (Panasonic LX10 using Cinelike D). One is tuned to clear blue water and the other is tuned to green water.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wcoukqgzli6x ... o-F-a?dl=0

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:12 pm 
Adept
Adept

Quote:
Sure, The Dropbox link is below. They are fairly specific to my camera (Panasonic LX10 using Cinelike D). One is tuned to clear blue water and the other is tuned to green water.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wcoukqgzli6x ... o-F-a?dl=0

Thanks
Thank you for this. Awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:15 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’d be curious to see how these LUTs hold up on non Lumix/CineD footage.

It’s pretty easy to create LUTs in DaVinci Resolve and import them into LF. These took about 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:54 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks for the link brousseb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:18 pm 
Novice
Novice

Tanks