Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:39 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Post subject: Teleprompter app
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:11 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Has anybody used a telepromptor app for scripts?

I've been trying one called Prompt Smart. It uses the ipad microphone and voice recognition to scroll through your script automatically. It gets it right about 90% of the time. I found it jummps ahead to quickly when you have a sentence with the same work multiple times. Almost like it doesn't know which version of the word you're referring to and can skip to far ahead.

Im using the free version but the paid option adds mirroring to the text so you can use it with a proper ipad teleprompter set up and it can also act as the camera and record for you as well.
I just have the ipad propped up in front of my camera and it seems to do the trick.

One word of advice is stay far back from the camera and zoom in. It makes it less obvious that you're reading from a script.
Attachment:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 140.58 KiB | Viewed 580 times ]

Post subject: Re: Teleprompter app
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:04 am 
Adept
Adept

I use Teleprompter Pro Lite. It’s pretty basic but just right for my limited needs.

Happy Editing,
    CappyLee

Post subject: Re: Teleprompter app
    PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:04 pm 
    Adept
    Adept

I use ProPromtper Studio. You can use one iOS device to control script flow on up to three other iOS devices simultaneously, which is really useful if you’re doing a multi-camera studio shoot with your talent reading from a prompter at each camera, like a live newscast would do. ProPromter Studio also has the ability to record video from the front-facing camera while displaying the script on the iDevice screen, which is great, though as officially.colin mentions, it’s best if you can be some distance away from the prompter display to minimize the distance away from the lens your eyes are looking. Unfortunately, the front-facing cameras on iPhones and iPads aren’t very long, so you can’t be very far away from the display while reading and filming from the same device. Not a huge problem if you have a couple iDevices to work with, but....

I like the idea of the speech recognition prompter; I’ll have to give that a look!

- Dex