Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:45 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:48 am 
Novice
Novice

I’m new here and wanted to ask a question. I have a iPad and iPhone and a WD Mycloud. I’ve use the export before and it worked perfectly. My question is that I have put new fonts on my iPad and it works just fine but if I export my project to the WD My cloud with the project from my iPad and download it to my iPhone everything imports but the new fonts. So my question is why doesn’t the fonts get zipped in with the audio and video files? Am I missing something or do I need to put the same fonts on my iPhone? I use my iPad for 90% of the time but would be nice if everything imported over.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:14 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi JohnBoy5562

I believe it's because the fonts are just fonts that are on your device rather than an actual part of the project

I don't know if there's any way to 'flag' a font just as part of a project (I'm not a developer)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:29 am 
Adept
Adept

I haven’t run into this issue, but when I install a font into LumaFusion on my iPad, I just install it on my iPhone as well, so apparently by having the fonts installed on both devices, when I export from one device to my WD MyPassport and then into the other device, everything seems to work just fine.

Hope that’s helpful.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:13 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks I will try putting that font on my iPhone and see if that works. If it don’t I’ll delete it and import it again with the font installed on my iPhone.

Last edited by JohnBoy5562 on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:46 pm 
Novice
Novice

I had to install the fonts on my iPhone then delete the project from the iPhone then imported the project from my WD My cloud and it works. So anyone else who has this problem just make sure you install the fonts you used in your project to the device your going to use. Problem solved. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:27 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

JohnBoy5562

When you imported the project to your phone before you copied the font did it give you a message? Or did you just notice the font was missing?

Did the project still work but with the incorrect font?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

No it just imported and when open it on my phone I noticed the fonts was wrong. I had some halloween fonts from the Apple iMac Store that I bought they look like letters with blood dripping down and I used then in a title in the movie that I had on my WD MY cloud. It did not give me any kind of warning that the fonts was missing. But after I installed the fonts it still didn’t work so I deleted the project and and imported it again from the WD My cloud and it worked. So if anyone else has this problem they need to install the fonts first before they import their project. Thanks for the help.