Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:11 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Post subject: Video Thumbnails
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:54 am 
Novice
Novice

The more I use LumaFusion, I’m generating a lot of completed videos in my camera roll that have just a black screen for the thumbnail. It’s becoming increasingly difficult to distinguish them and remember which is which. Is there a way to specify a thumbnail upon export in LumaFusion? Or, conversely, a way to change the thumbnail in iOS after the video is created?

Post subject: Re: Video Thumbnails
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello MikeMc

Currently we don't have. mechanism for specifying the thumbnail on export. That is something we are working on.

In the meantime, the best thing to do is, create albums in the Photos app and then place the relevant exported video into the album.
The thumbnail will still be black, but at least you will have a way to name the video clips by naming the album.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:08 am 
Expert
Expert

To avoid this problem I add a large text title to the start of my video and then trim it to minimum length (3 frames I think). It makes it clearly identifiable in photos and disappears immediately when playing. Only nuisance is you might need a separate ‘clean’ version for sharing

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:39 am 
Novice
Novice

I am exporting videos to YouTube and it is randomly selecting a part of video to use as thumbnail. How do you choose which part of video to use for thumbnail?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:00 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Make a screen shot
Click and you can add your screen shot as thumbnail

Attachments:
A3E7461D-4336-44FF-8577-D927A6587369.jpeg
A3E7461D-4336-44FF-8577-D927A6587369.jpeg [ 903.5 KiB | Viewed 516 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:31 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
Make a screen shot
Click and you can add your screen shot as thumbnail
Thank You so much for this information.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

When u export from Luma to YouTube it creates the project prior to uploading. Is that created project prior to being exported saved on device in a folder? I went to files application and did not see it, unless I am missing it. I can see all the videos I upload to YouTube taking up allot of space on phone if they are being saved somewhere. Thanks again for the support.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:40 pm 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
When u export from Luma to YouTube it creates the project prior to uploading. Is that created project prior to being exported saved on device in a folder? I went to files application and did not see it, unless I am missing it. I can see all the videos I upload to YouTube taking up allot of space on phone if they are being saved somewhere. Thanks again for the support.
The rendered video is only stored on your device if you export it to the device. LumaFusion keeps the project outline/structure and backs it up but not the rendered/exported video. If you open the project again in LumaFusion it will rebuild it from the source clips almost immediately but you are seeing the “preview” version not the exported version.

For this reason if you have deleted any of the source clips of an older project LumaFusion can’t show you a complete preview of it.