Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 1:31 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.3 is now available on the App Store. This feature release includes integration with Gnarbox, and numerous improvements to the library and import and export providers

LumaFX 2.5 is now available on the App Store. This adds new ways to import media, and fixes the issue with importing LUTs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:09 pm 

Hi all,

I'm brand new to Lumafuasion. I'm working out a workflow for doing video interviews and I'm replacing the audio recorded on my iPhone with audio recorded with a separate PCM audio recorder. I'm not sure how to get this audio into Lumafusion ad a separate audio track? Would like advice on how to import the audio and sync it up. What is the best workflow for this and can I use Audioshare?

Tips greatly appreciated.

Greg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:21 am 
Adept
Adept

Hello Greg,

I would be interested in your results and findings.

Ideas if i understood correctly your recordings are on the phone ?

If so air drop to ipad and import into LF, remember to make a clap some to match up sound and video.

regards Rob

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:05 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Greg (and Rob), I did a video a few months ago on getting audio files onto iPad to use in LumaFusion: https://youtu.be/0cfaLVvSAz0. And now that LF will pull things from the WD MyPassport Pro and newer SSD drives this solution is even easier.

Some audio recording apps will let you send audio files to Dropbox or other Cloud services (e.g., Boxj, you can point LF to those sources and use the “Imported” menu to retrieve them.

Spoiled by FCPX ‘s auto sync feature, I was disappointed that I couldn’t do that in LF, but having seen what Chris, Terry, and the LumaTouch team have done with this incredible mobile app, I have no doubt they’ll add such a feature sometime down the road! In the meantime, as Rob said, be sure to do hand claps or something at beginning of recording session (I do 3 hand claps) to help you with track alignment. What I do is align/sync footage (with audio) track and externally recorded audio track, triple-click main track, erase audio, then save the whole synced version out to high quality file. I then start a new project and use that synced version as my source for editing clips.

http://www.boozphotolearningcenter.com/blog
http://www.youtube.com/billbooz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:34 pm 
Adept
Adept

Nice video Bill,

Thank you for sharing the links.

Regards Rob

Ps is the iPad stand home made ?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:01 am 
Adept
Adept

I have been using my Tascam DR-40 to record audio of live on-stage, performances while capturing the video of the performances on my iPhone. To get the audio into Luma Fusion, I move the SD card from the DR-40 into my My Passport Wireless Pro, and then use LumaFusion’s import media function to copy it from there.

Synchronizing the audio with the video is a bit of a pain, but the waveforms that appear on the timeline are really useful. Since my iPhone video also has an audio track, it’s easy enough to match up the sound on the two tracks. It’s a little awkward to try and move one of the tracks forward or backward one or two frames, especially on the phone because of it’s lesser screen size, but with a minimal amount of futzing, I’m able to get them synchronized just fine.

- Dex