Luma Touch Support Forums

Luma Touch (luma-touch.com) provides support and a great community for Luma Touch apps. Email info@luma-touch.com to get the registration code (or find it in the app store description).
It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:04 am

All times are UTC-07:00

LumaFusion 1.3.6 is now available on the App Store. This update improves editing performance and fixes a few issues.
LumaFX and LumaClip 2.3.1 are now available on the App Store. This fixes export problem for iOS 9 users

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:48 pm 
Novice
Novice

Just purchased LumaFusion and I do not regret it whatsoever. An absolutely amazing product, especially for when I am on the road away from home and need an in-depth video editing suite.

However, I am confused about using placeholders, or better known as blank space.

I can see in the ''add clip'' section that there is an option to add ''Blank Clip'', and this works as it should.

But, in all the videos I see on YouTube, it is showing that I can scrub the playhead past video (A), to the spot on the timeline where I want to insert video (B), then load video (B) to add it into the viewer, and then hit the 'overwrite' button and this will add video (B) while creating blank space between video (A) and video (B). But it doesn't, as Video (B) simply sticks to video (A) with no blank space created between the two.

Maybe since the update to 1.3 the new way of getting blank space is to only use the ''add Blank Clip'' function. Nonetheless, I do want to ensure that I am understanding the best practice in this case, and also to ensure that this is not a bug when doing it the way I've seen in many YouTube videos.

Hope I haven't confused you with my attempt at explaining the situation. LOL!

Thanks for letting me know! :)

Best!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello PresidentJade

I'm not sure which videos you have been looking at, would you put a link into this thread.

regards

Androu Morgan

LumaTouch

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:22 am 
Novice
Novice

https://youtu.be/vS4h-YQJnAw (at approximately 00:43)
https://youtu.be/AoIZOu3POiA (at approximatelt 01:15)

Now, regardless of these YouTube videos, was this simply the old way of doing it, and now it is no longer possible with version 1.3?
Or is there bug, and we should still be able to do it this way, but it needs to be fixed?
Or maybe I am doing something wrong? Or maybe using the ''Add Blank Clip'' has become the only correct way of doing this?

Thanks for letting me know :)

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The answer is, a little bit of both.

Inserting past the end of the main track should insert at the playhead - so that is a bug, but you can drag and drop the clip to that location as long as you are in Overwrite mode and that will create a black clip you will see when back in insert mode.

Having said that we now have the quick add blank clip which should make this much easier to achieve anyway.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:19 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks for the quick reply. I will do it as you mention since there is the 'add blank clip' option and overwrite mode. However, and going forward, I am curious as to whether the bug will eventually be rectified?

Cheers! :)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It looks like we have fixed it already and the fix is in 1.3.1 (came out today)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:31 pm 
Novice
Novice

Indeed! All is in perfect working order after today's release of 1.3.1! Thank you so much for the quick replies and follow-up, and for making such an amazing product!

I still have a few things to learn before I can consider myself a LumaFusion pro, but I am definitely going to start recommending the app to all my friends and family. The more I use it the more I love it! And the support is great to boot!

Again, thanks for everything tmorgan! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you!!!!