Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found in the App Store release notes or contact support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:16 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.6.7 is now available on the App Store, which includes a number of improvements and bug fixes.

Forum rules

We strive to provide a safe, fun environment for our forum members to discuss our apps, and other related creative tools and experiences. We will not tolerate disrespectful comments to other members. Please keep comments topical, and criticisms positive.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:13 am 

Been trying to figure this one out and not googling, youtube tutorial searching or any other investigations seems to help.

1) Is there any way of being able to select multiple clips? I have a video where I wanted to delete half of the first half, and I couldn't figure out any other way of doing it except clicking each trimmed clip and either dragging up or hitting the trash can, then selecting the next one, and doing that, then the next one, and doing that... which gets time consuming when dealing with a video of 20+ trims.

2) Is there any way of selecting the WHOLE time line of a video, and copying those trimes and clips into the timeline of another project?
For an example, I've been working on a multi part drawing tutorial. Each video was it's own project so I could export to youtube. Now I want to combine them all into the one timeline so I can have it a one long video from start to finish. Until this point the only thing I can think of is exporting them all, then importing those exported videos into a new project (and hope I don't need to edit any further) but that wastes a LOT of storage when exporting a new video just so I can paste then together again... PLEASE tell me there's a simpler method that's right under my nose that I can't see?

I've been on the other pinnacle forum which all say to come here, and then I'm reading that corel has taken ownership of pinnacle, and going there, they say they don't have forum support and say to come back here, so I really hope someone here can help out there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, I just took a look at the Pinnacle Studio forum and found that there appears to be no support happening there. I'm sorry about that. Our contract to develop and support the app ended. Although Chris and I were the original lead developer and designer, the app was never owned by us and we were not able to make the changes we needed to make to propel the app forward. Pinnacle Studio was not designed to take on the challenges that advanced editors face. It is one of the reasons we have developed our own professional editor, LumaFusion: http://luma-touch.com/lumafusion-for-ios/

The answer to your first question is that with Pinnacle Studio there is no track sync and no Insert/Overwrite mode. Basically the video track works in Insert and the audio in Overwrite. Insert/Overwrite control is what you will need to do that.

The answer to your second question is no. The only way to do that with Pinnacle Studio is to export each and then put them together as clips on a new timeline.

I hope you are able to find support for Pinnacle Studio, or join us with LumaFusion, where we give daily free support.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:57 pm 
Adept
Adept

What the original poster asked about in his second question brings up a wish-list item for me: Importing existing projects into the current project.

Say I'm putting together a news magazine video, and I'm editing the individual packages as the media and scripts come available. I'd like to be able to edit each package in its own project, then make a master show project into which I edit the anchor introing each piece, and then import each of the individual package projects as an individual piece of media on the master project timeline. This would be like nesting sequences in Premiere Pro, and would have the advantage of not requiring pre-render of the individual story packages (and the resulting compression/decompression artifacts that would start to creep in).

I can see that there could be problems pushing the technology beyond its limits, because if you have all three tracks of video and audio active in the "nested" projects and have three nested projects stacked on one another, your iDevice could wind up trying to render 9 layers of video and 9 tracks of audio at once. But if it's possible, it would be glorious! (I seem to recall Apple announcing that the iPad Pro and iPhone 7/7+ could handle three streams of 4K video simultaneously, but 9? Maybe not....)

- Dex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:00 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have recently made a feature request to be able to multi-select projects in the Project Manager and be able to combine them and create a new project (keeping the original projects as well). You are correct that nesting would be really difficult for a real-time iOS editor, but I think doing it this way would give you the segment editing workflow you want without the nightmares that come with nesting.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:45 pm 
Adept
Adept

I might be wrong ( so tell me immediately) but apart from very basic 'end to end' projects, say, where you have made consecutive scenes as seperate projects because of complexity or maybe the size of the files.. merging projects would really only be useful when we can multi select or 'group' larger amounts of clips in the timeline to move them about.. would that be a parallel feature request Terri?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We do have clip grouping on our list of things to do soon. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:08 am 
Novice
Novice

Has this not been done yet. We still can’t combine projects together for editing and rendering? This was a year ago that this was put foreword.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:20 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi Albut

No it hasn't if you're referring to multiple clip/trim select (but it is now high on the list for LumaFusion)

Regarding Pinnacle Pro - I've no idea who supports that app now ?it might be Corel?