Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:50 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.2 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:41 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I put this event on once a month and am getting deeper and deeper into how to keyframe effects to work with the video. It is pretty powerful, i must say. A few gripes about working with waveforms for the keyframes, but although tedious it does a great job!

This one is from an event 2 months ago... Took some time with this one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:12 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Another from the same event:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:14 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Full event from the one before... Timecode links available if you view in YouTube.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:20 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bookmarked and subscribed.

Thank you for posting this.

Last year I was part of a crew who showcased sound, noise art mixed with spoken poetry.

I am currently editing the audio tracks of it with random video clips using lumafusion.

My goal this year is to improve my audio mastering using ipad and I backread your post and you mentioned auria and checked it in appstore but could not afford it at the moment.

I was wondering if you could lead me for the time being to links and videos on how to master audio using auria, lumafusion or any of your methods.

Looking forward,

Slash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:58 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have found this tutorial in youtube.

https://youtu.be/ipxAfc4Uioo

He is using auria pro and pinnacle.

Do you know any links for auria and lumafusion?

Just to clarify, are you using auria or auria pro?

The former is a cheaper one but what I am after if both support video import to sync video and audio.

Looking forward,

Slash

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:24 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I use Auria Pro with the FabFilter AUv3 bundle. For audio software of this caliber it's super cheap on the iPad. The desktop equivalent for Auria (Logic) is about $200, and the FabFilter plugins on the desktop are over $700. On the iPad for both it's less than $200 in total. So i get that compared to other iPad apps these seem expensive, but really it's a massive bargain. If you want to be serious about audio production on the iPad i'd say these are essential tools, especially for mastering. I'm not rolling in money either, so even at this much more affordable pricing than the desktop software i still had to save up!

To note, if you do end up getting the FabFilter plugins, don't buy them through Auria. Then you can only use them in Auria. Get the ones in the main app store and then you can use them in any app that supports audio units. Save up for the bundle as well as buying them individually will cost a lot more. And also just keep an eye out for a sale, as they do go for a bit cheaper. Actually right now they are less than they were.

~

As for using Auria with LumaFusion... Well they don't really work together exactly. What i do is record the video from my events to an app on my iPhone (you can use the camera app if you want or something like Switcher Studio if you want overlays and lower thirds), and also record the audio in Auria separately on my iPad. To get the audio from Auria into LumaFusion after mixing and mastering in Auria you have to first sync the video. Auria has a plugin add on you can buy that lest you import video. I use that to bring the video in from the camera with it's audio and line up the waveforms and trim the audio in the mastered tracks to the one from the video. After that i only import the trimmed mastered audio out (trimmed to the size of the clip you'll be editing in LumaFusion and drop the audio in to LumaFusion, then edit from there.

It's all a bit tricky, but totally doable. There's a lot to learn about both audio and video production and editing. Auria has the same kind of forum as this one you can join to learn about it and find video tutorials and ask questions http://auriaapp.com/forum/index.php.

Also, if you want audio software that it a bit easier to learn but still great as an editor you might try Cubasis. It's slightly less powerful but more accessible and easier to figure out if you are new to audio.

Anyway... This all takes time to learn and save up for. But it is worth it to get the full versions. You can do some final mixing in Auria, but i wouldn't recommend mastering in it without the FabFilter plugins. The ones native to Auria just aren't great.

It's all a learning process. Spend time learning about audio and video production in general and any of these programs will get easier to use. There are tons of YouTube Channels that go over how to do this stuff. i actually don't follow a lot of them for Video work, but for understanding audio production i'd say your best bet to really start learning is Produce Like A Pro https://www.youtube.com/producelikeapro.

The more you watch the more it'll make sense!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:29 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Also, with something like FabFilter the youtube tutorials for it on the desktop will tell you everything you'd need to know about using it on an iPad.

~

You asked about my tips and tricks... Well honestly i'm just always building and experimenting till i figure out what i like. I'd have to record what i'm doing in LumaFusion to explain it. but it is a lot of trial and error, a lot of layering effects in different orders, and a lot of key frames to keep the video changing with the audio.

Currently there is an editing limitation in LumaFusion that is stopping my progress, but they are aware of the problem and trying to create a solution. So for now i can't really even record my process if i wanted to. I'm waiting on how they will address updating the next version.

if you have m ore specific questions about how i do anything let me know!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:16 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you so much for the detailed information.

The best way to learn is to try and do it.

I will go back here from now on with the auria forum for reference.

Thank you once again for responding and looking forward for your videos explaining luma plus auria in the future since it is not available in youtube.

Cheers,

Slash

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:06 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, and sadly at the moment the last dot release of LumaFusion has broken my workflow enough that i can't get my edits done.

This would definitely affect you if you want to synch motion in video with the audio. I'm hoping they find a way of bringing back the way the jog wheel worked before sooner rather than later!