Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:37 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

Post subject: BLISS
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:43 pm 
Expert
Expert

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua5RQ9w12gk&t=302s

LumaFusion rocks! I layered two series of Whorl clips together - the top layer at 30% blend so both layers showed. Then I added a third layer of Frax video for some animated, iridescent sheen on the Whorl objects. I think because both Whorl layers were done on a black background, the added Frax layer acted like a green screen - coloring the Whorl objects and not the background (so much.)

I applied the Mirror and a Big Pinch effect to sort of anchor and orient all the video together.

I also used LumaFusion to play the Moodscaper track at half speed thereby shifting it down an octave and turning what was effectively a string ensemble into a viola or cello ensemble. This considerably warmed up the sound. I used the same idea to copy a Waldorf Nave track and play the copy at half speed thus keeping the same notes (in key and mode) but giving the two Nave tracks some counterpoint. And panning the two Nave tracks independently added some ambient motion to the soundtrack.

I hope you enjoy watching and listening!
Tom

Post subject: Re: BLISS
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nice video Tom

I particularly liked your idea behind the half speed audio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:21 am 
Expert
Expert

knobbydave - Thanks! Since Moodscaper is essentially a monophonic synth (a gross oversimplification) I imagine that one could have three tracks of it running in LumaFusion - one track as is, one track tuned up a third, and one track tuned up a fifth so as to produce a major triad. The tracks wouldn’t be in sync relative to each other (they would start in sync but would quickly go out of sync and then maybe back in sync etc., sort of LOL) but it might still be fun to try. Not exactly sure what % speed setting would be required to generate a third and a fifth but it probably wouldn’t be hard to come up with it via trial and error.

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:00 am 
Expert
Expert

knobbydave - Well... that was worth a try! Unfortunately, LF’s speed controls jump from 1.25 to 1.5 to 2.0 - that is, they don’t allow me the granularity of tuning to a third and a fifth. And combining 1.25 and 1.5 gets a little muddy. However, 1.0 plus 2.0 plus 0.5 plus 0.25 produces some pleasant results. I think because the fundamental pitch is retained. Or something like that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:38 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh well, it was worth a try Tom ;)

EDIT: How about one track forwards and one reversed?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:53 am 
Expert
Expert

knobbydave - Apparently reversing an audio track takes f...o...r...e...v...e...r!