Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:57 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:36 am 
Novice
Novice

This was my first proper project on LumaFusion (Ver 1.7). I normally edit on the PC with Sony Vegas Pro but wanted to move to a mobile solution that offered good functionality and the flexibility of workflow that a mobile solution provides.

I visited the Imperial War Museum on the 5th June with a small Sony Handycam and grabbed (?) the raw footage from which the short film was made. This day saw the gathering of no fewer than 23 DC3's, C-53's, C47, C-41 & Li-2's from all over the world to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of D-Day. Once assembled together, the first time since the Second World War, they flew from Duxford Aerodrome in Cambridgeshire following the historic route to Northern France where Paratroopers descended on Normandy.

Overall very pleased with LumaFusion and in particular the Ver 2 Release. Many thanks Terri and team.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:28 am 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Great stuff

Looked like that's another good day out I've missed :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:11 pm 
Expert
Expert

You videoed a screen showing the footage? I'm not sure if you've just edited an existing film. These comments may not apply but generally I liked it although I'm not sure what editing you actually did.
For general audiences (ie those without a particular interest in this subject) it's too long (2 minutes is probably enough) and could have say 2-3 sec clips. For enthusiasts it's fine.
I was going to compliment you on the way the audio overlaps various scenes. Possibly this was done in the original footage but if you did it good work.
If you had shot the scenes yourself just recently I would have suggested zooming out a little bit more and applying stabilisation. Also getting a bit more b roll of spectators, close up details etc.
My first and only flight when I was a boy was a commercial NAC (now Air NZ) flight in a DC3.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:47 pm 
Novice
Novice

Hi Mark

Thanks for your feedback. For clarification all of this was my own footage captured at the event on the day via a Sony CX730. Not sure why you think some was filmed from a screen as just mentioned all live footage. Commentary came over the tannoy and was recorded in camera it was then edited and mixed with the natural sound to convey an attempt to tell the story.

Yes agree some of the footage is a bit shaky as it was all handheld and the flight line was a way away from the spectator areas. As you'll know stabilisation is not yet available in LumaFusion and hence couldn’t employ it here, am told it’s something Lumatouch have on their nice to have list so hopefully will see in a future release.

I didn’t have a particular audience in mind when I put this together other than for me and as some source material to use for a longer project when getting to grips LumaFusion. Take your point however about overall length and agree the need to be ruthless sometimes within the edit. As someone once said “A work of art is never truly finished just abandoned”

Thanks again for your comments.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:24 pm 
Expert
Expert

Sorry about the confusion. My mistake. Don’t worry too much about stabilisation. I was thinking that with an empty background like sky it can be good if the plane doesn’t swim around the frame. You could consider using key frames manually to stabilise in this case. I find the DeShake app is quite good and easy to use but using a seperate app is painful. Anyway theses are just ideas. Well done. As I said it’s great the way you’ve spread the audio over different clips.