Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:44 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.0 is now available in the App Store. This is a massive new update that doubles the number of tracks for video and audio, streamlines the user interface, and much more.

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:33 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Last week the family took one of the ferries from Seattle. I got some rather uneventful video of the Seattle skyline. Then while I was sitting I was inspired and added effects on multiple layers. Thanks to a tip I received from a fellow forum participant I created a iOS Shortcut that converts animated GIFs to Videos. I found the Animated GIFs floating on the net along with some sound effects.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:24 pm 
Expert
Expert

That’s clever. The ferry views are probably not terribly exciting on their own but just imagine if ...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:05 am 
Adept
Adept

Looks awesome and fun to create!
I didn’t expect “Seattle” to appear from behind the building, but I think I know how you did it. Was it 3 layers for that part?

MVE
https://www.youtube.com/user/In7egral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:26 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Quote:
Looks awesome and fun to create!
I didn’t expect “Seattle” to appear from behind the building, but I think I know how you did it. Was it 3 layers for that part?
Actually that part of the video was four layers. I really was on a ferry in Seattle Puget Sound heading towards Bainbridge Island and took the video of the other ferry on the water heading towards Seattle. There are multiple ferries and they pass each other as they go back and forth.

1. While in LumaFusion I exported a Snapshot of the video.

2. In Affinity Photo I imported the Snapshot. I created two layers, separating the ferry and skyline from the clouds and water. I exported those two layers as PNGs, and imported them into LumaFusion.

3. The skyline/water was on the base layer, the "SS Botney Bay" (I had just watch Star Trek) text on layer two, the "Seattle" text on layer three, and the ferry with skyline on layer four.

4. I then independently slide layer two and layer three out from behind layer four using key-framing.

The helicopters were fake. I found them at Gyfcat. I converted them from Animated GIF to .MOV and imported into LumaFusion. I used key-framing to move the helicopters across the screen.
https://gfycat.com/sentimentalbowedaege ... reenscreen

I like playing with layers and see what I can do with them independently, and I like playing with PNGs and translucency. Here are a couple of other projects that I created using similar techniques.

https://youtu.be/bItrJ3ukBzM

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:58 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I played with more layers in this simple video. I created the pieces in Affinity Designer and then exported them. Each element was drawn as a vector.

In LumaFusion i used distortion effects with keyframing for the separate layers.

I guess I like that slightly other world sound track.

Last edited by EducationPrinciples on Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:08 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mistake