Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:40 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 2.1.1 is now available in the App Store

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

Post subject: GDIF 2019
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:20 pm 
Novice
Novice

The Greenwich and Docklands International Festival is an annual free event featuring outdoor theatre and performing arts. I always enjoy going and usually end up with lots of photos. This year I decided to make a video.
You can learn more about GDIF at https://festival.org/gdif

[youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8nRI_xej-M[/youtube]

Snapseed, Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer

Post subject: Re: GDIF 2019
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great stuff Garry

Looks like a good festival too

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:50 pm 
Expert
Expert

Nicely done. Short and fast paced.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:32 pm 
Novice
Novice

Thanks, knobbydave. It's great fun to watch, and a great atmosphere.

Thanks, Mark. That's what I find works best. Clips from 1/2 to 2 seconds, total video 3 minutes or less. Viewers are more likely to stay until the end. I was thinking of going to an event in a week or two and found a video from a previous year. It was over half an hour long and each scene was several minutes long. Needless to say, I very quickly got bored, stopped watching, and decided not to go. It's almost as simple as short=sweet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:43 pm 
Expert
Expert

You did well! I’ll just put in my perennial plug for including ambient sound. It seems a shame to show moving pictures without the sounds from the scenes, even with music. Nice music btw.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:41 am 
Novice
Novice

Quote:
You did well! I’ll just put in my perennial plug for including ambient sound. It seems a shame to show moving pictures without the sounds from the scenes, even with music. Nice music btw.
Thanks for the suggestion, Mark. There are a few problems with including ambient sound from an event like this one. Firstly, the volume varies between extremes to the point where I'd have to spend a lot of time on the sound. Secondly, it's often so loud as to distort and, while iZotope Rx can go some way towards helping with this, it will still sound bad; plus I'd have to do this part on the PC as iZotope don't (yet) make iPad versions of their software, and so far there's nothing on the iPad to even begin to compete with Rx. And lastly, I wanted to finalise the video before the week's events finish. With so many clips and so little time, I have to make the best decisions that I can.

As for the music, I really like it. It's one of the many free pieces that come with iMovie. And, yet again, coincidences pop up when least expected. I timed all of the clips to fit with 120 bpm, and I don't think this piece is at that tempo. And yet, most of the transitions fit with the beat. And many of the individual changes in the sound seem to go well with the content of the clips. Transferring a raw 'print' of the video into iMovie, adding the music to fit, then reimporting into LF is a fast, neat workflow.