Luma Touch Support Forums

Welcome to the Luma Touch community forums, a great place to get help and share ideas with other users. The registration code can be found by emailing support@luma-touch.com.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 6:42 am

All times are UTC-07:00

For answers to frequently asked questions and to contact us directly, please use our support page at https://luma-touch.com/support.

LumaFusion 1.7 is now available in the App Store. This update includes great new features like search and sort in the library, soft edges and curved corners in cropping, and our new integration with Storyblocks, a great royalty-free library of video, audio and sound effects. A sample of clips are included free, with a low-cost subscription available in-app for access to the full library

Forum rules

Videos should be appropriate for all audiences. Please keep all criticism constructive.

Post subject: CYBORGASM
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:30 pm 
Expert
Expert

A video riff on Cyborgs achieving metaphysical, biological, evolutionary, reproductive transcendence! (Did I leave anything out?!) I used the Mirror and Reflect effects in LumaFusion to give the Whorl objects (iOS) the exterior symmetry typical of biological life forms. I also used LumaFusion’s keyframed color effects to juice up the relatively bland, out of the box colors of Whorl.

The first soundtrack layer consists of one single 10 minute take of Pianoscaper. (All I had is hit the play button in Pianoscaper and recorded the result in MultitrackDAW for sharing to LF.) I added some reverb from AD480 and some low pass filtering in LF. The second soundtrack layer consists of multiple, often layered, Transition Effect loops from GarageBand. These loops have a distinctive clunky, mechanical feel which mimics the movement of the Whorl objects. I added a triple echo and ambient reverb in GarageBand and then shared the resulting track to LF. I repeatedly panned this second soundtrack hard left and right in LumaFusion to emphasize the illusion of the objects moving across the soundstage.

I hope you enjoy watching!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aSs4Ydbp4aA

Post subject: Re: CYBORGASM
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:47 pm 
Grand Master
Grand Master

Great stuff Tom

Graphics put me in the mind of Dr Who

Music put me in the mind of Jarre/Floyd

Keep 'em coming, and keep describing how you do them please

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:50 pm 
Expert
Expert

Knobbydave - Thanks! Those are some excellent references that you mention! Although I must admit I’ve never seen any Dr. Who! I may need to check that series out!

You know it’s funny - I was watching another YouTube video about a modern Foley sound engineer. He was recording a variety of maybe 1980’s electromechanical devices for use in film tracks. The one that struck me was him recording a VCR when it ejected a video tape. If my memory serves me (and that’s a big if) he used that sound sample on top of a scene from Star Wars.

Anyway, periodically Apple adds some new sound loops to GarageBand without telling anyone. And so, when I checked in to GB recently and heard these new Transition Effect loops, I immediately connected them with the Whirl animated objects. And I was off to the races. (With Pianoscaper truly all I did was hit the play button in Pianoscaper and let that app produce 10 minutes of sound - it was that easy!)

So, here’s a screenshot showing what my GarageBand project looks like - with all the different Transition Effect loops. Some of the loops built up to a peak and just stopped - some of those I copied and pasted immediately following and then reversed the second loop so that it rose to an audio crescendo and then immediately returned back to quiet. Most of the Transition Effect loops are audio samples so you can’t “tune” them up and down an octave like the other midi (?) loops.

Attachments:
735124EA-B282-44A0-8AC5-9FA9D3469BA1.png
735124EA-B282-44A0-8AC5-9FA9D3469BA1.png [ 428.08 KiB | Viewed 301 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:46 pm 
Adept
Adept

Hi Tom. Your videos aren’t my thing but I sure admire the dedication and expertise that has gone into them

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:50 pm 
Expert
Expert

Mark NZL - What an odd thing to say.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:31 am 
Adept
Adept

Sorry if I said something strange. I just wanted to say your videos are very clever and must take a lot of work. I’m not imaginative enough to make something like that so good on you.