Luma Touch Support Forums
http://forums.luma-touch.com/

Travel Videos
http://forums.luma-touch.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7399
Page 1 of 1

Author:  DBFilm [ Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:03 am ]
Post subject:  Travel Videos



Hi Everyone

I’m trying to get into videography so started making short films of the places I’ve travelled to this year. As I’d be making videos on the move I decided a light set-up would be needed - so I’ve been editing on LumaFusion with my iPad.

I’ve attached a link to my latest video - let me know what you think.

I’m keen to improve so any feedback would be appreciated! ;)

Cheers,
Dan

Author:  knobbydave [ Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Travel Videos

Hi Dan

Good stuff!

Personal criticism - too many 'speeded up clips' for me, but that's not me saying it's bad, just there were too many for me

(still liked it though :D )

Author:  DBFilm [ Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Travel Videos

Thanks Dave, I’m starting a new film now so I’ll take your advise on board.

Thanks,
Dan

Author:  lumaluke [ Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Travel Videos

BTW, good use of a real “physical” transition with a headscarf :)

Author:  Regworth [ Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Travel Videos

Quote:


Hi Everyone

I’m trying to get into videography so started making short films of the places I’ve travelled to this year. As I’d be making videos on the move I decided a light set-up would be needed - so I’ve been editing on LumaFusion with my iPad.

I’ve attached a link to my latest video - let me know what you think.

I’m keen to improve so any feedback would be appreciated! ;)

Cheers,
Dan
Hi Dan,

Well done - you're on your way. I've been interested in the A-6500s since seeing a film made by Brandon Lee in Spain (amazing) and considering getting them for a docu-series I will be shooting in Bali in 2019. Can you let me know your thoughts on the camera performance, user features, reliability, etc. I can see again that it's turning out great images but wondering if there are other insights you might provide from actually using it? Thanks in advance, Reg.

Author:  DBFilm [ Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:11 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Travel Videos

Quote:
BTW, good use of a real “physical” transition with a headscarf :)
Thanks, I’m trying to work on using more physical transitions as I think they look less ‘gimmicky’ than some of the built in transitions. There just needs to be a balance so that the film maintains a story rather than just throwing in a whole bunch of different locations.. I’m still working on that!

Author:  DBFilm [ Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Travel Videos

Quote:

Hi Dan,

Well done - you're on your way. I've been interested in the A-6500s since seeing a film made by Brandon Lee in Spain (amazing) and considering getting them for a docu-series I will be shooting in Bali in 2019. Can you let me know your thoughts on the camera performance, user features, reliability, etc. I can see again that it's turning out great images but wondering if there are other insights you might provide from actually using it? Thanks in advance, Reg.
Hi Reg

Thanks - It’s my first serious camera so it’s hard for me to compare against any of the larger mirror less cameras out there (A7 series, GH5 etc.). So far I’ve really enjoyed it. I haven’t experienced any issues with over heating.

My issues have been as most of the reviews say - the batteries are too small and the menu is a bit of a maze at times. I’ve bought 3 batteries which usually covers me for 8 hours of so of shooting. Only other comment would be that the 1080p can come out slightly soft, although this is easily correct in post.

Good luck with your shoot in Bali - I’ll be over there at the end of January for a couple of months so let me know if you need a second shooter :lol:

Cheers,
Dan

Author:  Regworth [ Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Travel Videos

Quote:
Quote:

Hi Dan,

Well done - you're on your way. I've been interested in the A-6500s since seeing a film made by Brandon Lee in Spain (amazing) and considering getting them for a docu-series I will be shooting in Bali in 2019. Can you let me know your thoughts on the camera performance, user features, reliability, etc. I can see again that it's turning out great images but wondering if there are other insights you might provide from actually using it? Thanks in advance, Reg.
Hi Reg

Thanks - It’s my first serious camera so it’s hard for me to compare against any of the larger mirror less cameras out there (A7 series, GH5 etc.). So far I’ve really enjoyed it. I haven’t experienced any issues with over heating.

My issues have been as most of the reviews say - the batteries are too small and the menu is a bit of a maze at times. I’ve bought 3 batteries which usually covers me for 8 hours of so of shooting. Only other comment would be that the 1080p can come out slightly soft, although this is easily correct in post.

Good luck with your shoot in Bali - I’ll be over there at the end of January for a couple of months so let me know if you need a second shooter :lol:

Cheers,
Dan
Hi again, thanks for that feedback. Do get in touch when you're in Bali Dan - we will be doing some 3 camera stuff and may find a way to work you into some shoot days. If you want to PM me prior to your departure to Bali I can update you a bit more on where we're at with it.

Cheers,
Reg

Author:  Tbonekiwi [ Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Travel Videos

Great job! Excellent in camera transitions. Reminded me of watching a Jesse Driftwood story on Instagram! Good visuals. Good music.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC-07:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/